Clamp/Bolt on Muzzle Brake?

This is a discussion on Clamp/Bolt on Muzzle Brake? within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Is there a good one? Ive been searching around but haven't found a whole lot so Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a ...

Clamp/Bolt on Muzzle Brake?

Is there a good one? Ive been searching around but haven't found a whole lot so Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a clamp/bolt on brake. I'd rather not have the barrel threaded. oh btw Im wanting to put one on a 7mm mag. when I google it the first website to come up is this: http://boltonmuzzlebrake.com but of course you can see why I would be a little more than sceptic. Thanks for any advise guys.
    "Don't make me come down there!" - God

Hate to tell you this. But just take and have your rifle threaded andgo from there. You thenwount have problems with alinement to the barrel and if thats off and yu have a bullet impact the brake or even scuff it. You honistly don't want to be hangen on to the rifle at that time.

Tom

Just my opinion here. But those bolt on muzzlebrakes look ugly and dont look too well thought out. Something about 8 screws holding on a muzzle brake to me doesnt seem that good. Threading the barrel if done correctly will result in great alignment of the brake and when the bullet leaves the barrel it wont touch the brakes sides. Also once the barrel is threaded then the brake can be removed at a later time for cleaning or whatever may come along. Besides when you consider the powerful gases and fire that come out the barrel not to mention a speeding bullet wouldnt you want a secure and reliable mounting system for the muzzle brake? Threading of the barrel has worked for the average hunter and shooter all the way to the sniper. Trust me get the barrel threaded.
    "One shot, one kill"

Well I figured this much haha. So any recommendations for muzzle brake work in central Texas? Thanks for the advise by the way guys.

i talked to mike recignio (black ops) and he was telling me the OPS INC muzzle brake is really good.

Heres a link for you

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=7684 ... ZZLE_BRAKE

i think there very well designed and i dont think youll have a problem finding a gunsmith to install these for you. But make sure you know your barrel outer diameter so as to get the right diameter sized brake so it can blend in with the barrel contour.
    "One shot, one kill"

Awesome thanks for the advise!

I will never get another barrel threaded now that I have tried and had such great success with a kahntrol solutions clamp on muzzle brake. I payed to have a barrel threaded and have had it gull up. Threads have been tweeked and the brake that is on that rifle is there for life now. But the clamp on brake I got from kahntrol.com has been flawless. It is machined extremely well and have made my 300 win mag lighter recoiling than my 243. So I ordered one for it as well. So dont be affraid of quality clamp on brakes. As long as you install it correctly you won't have any problem s. Just stay away from the low cost cast ones from China. But I will stick to what works and kahntrol brakes work.

Hey Stoney,

What rifle are you wanting to mount this brake on. I have a clamp on muzzle brake that I don't use anymore since I upgraded to a bull barrel. It was made by Witt Machine and it is a very good clamp on solution. The barrel I had mine mounted on was a Savage Sporter contour barrel in 7mm Rem Mag. I would sell my old brake at a good price if our barrel dimensions are the same. The required dimensions are the diamter at the muzzle and 1 1/2" in from the muzzle. I have had good luck with this type of brake from Witt as have others on this site.

Ads