Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

I'm done.... for now!(pics)

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Juice5610 
#1 ·
Ok first of all I now have an awesome amount of respect for those of you that take those awesome reticle pics, its hard to say the very least. Anyway this is how I'm going to run her on may 8th which is going to be the first time I shoot her. What do you all have to say about barrel break in? Bs? Completely necessary?

EDIT: Specs
Remington 700 SS 5R
Harris 6-9
Podlock
Nightforce 20MOA base
Burris XTR med rings (I think I'll be buying the low ones)
SWFA SS scope
Tac-Ops stock pad

Next is this

http://www.snipercentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15000

Then off to get a badger bolt knob and badger fte brake put on

Then

http://www.snipercentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29831

and now some pics

Porch light and trash pile

Trash pile

Porch light

and my little helper Kimber

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats - that looks very similar to mine except I have the SS scope with the side focus knob and I haven't added the bipod yet. I used the Burris extreme tactical rings on mine and a EGW base.

I have 60 rounds through mine - all 168 gr Match ammo. So far all 3 boxes have been Hornady Match and it has preformed well. I did a 20 round break in deal where I cleaned after ever round for the first 10 then every other round for the 2nd 10. During that time I got the scope zeroed and started checking how my groups were looking. After that, I went back to regular cleaning after shooting.

#4 ·
When you looked at the porch light, would you say that photo is accurate to what the view appears to the naked eye?

Or did the camera induce some of the blurring that we see in the porch light photo?

And -- you live in a place you could take a picture like this without the police being called? Must be nice.

#5 ·
I don't break in my barrels and my rifle still outshoots me. But that is purely personal opinion and its like opening a can of worms each time this is asked on the forums. Some people have preferences and are very meticulous about their procedures. The most I would probably do would be to run a bore snake after a dozen shots or so; otherwise I do my cleaning when I get home.

Those 5R's are supposed to be good. There's not much negative feedback on them here. good choice.

#8 ·
Oddball-Six said:
When you looked at the porch light, would you say that photo is accurate to what the view appears to the naked eye?

Or did the camera induce some of the blurring that we see in the porch light photo?

And -- you live in a place you could take a picture like this without the police being called? Must be nice.

No the photo is not ANYTHING like looking through the ss scope it is super clear AWESOME scope for the price I can see the individual leaves in the trees seen near the porch light. and yes most of my neighbors around me shoot as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.