If you had $7000 to spend?

This is a discussion on If you had $7000 to spend? within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; TacOps Alpha-66 .300WM S&B 5-25x56 or Hensoldt 6-24x74 Atlas Bi-Pod & Monopod Beg Mike Miller to teach you how to shoot at small things that ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    TacOps Alpha-66 .300WM
    S&B 5-25x56 or Hensoldt 6-24x74
    Atlas Bi-Pod & Monopod
    Beg Mike Miller to teach you how to shoot at small things that are far away.

Or move to Montana and room with Mark Wahlberg...

Cheers
    "What we do for ourselves, dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine

I would have Mike Rescigno build me an F-55 in 6.5x55mm. I would mount a Zeiss 4.5-14x50 Conquest scope and I would have another custom made gun case made.

Then I'd buy a Redding die set in 6.5x55mm, some Lapua brass and some Sierra bullets.....

I'm a genius. And you are not.

If the government decides to ban firearms of this nature it will not be a grandfathering thing. They will aim to rid the country of all of them not just block new sales.
    They would certainly prefer to do that, but the '94 AWB was a different matter. I would expect the next attempt would be similar.

As for my $7000 dream ...
    http://www.onlylongrange.com/badnews.asp

Should leave just enough money to take one of Mel's classes & learn to use the thing beyond 300 yards!

Hey fluffy howcome you didn't build a swede in the first place? I think we covered this but I forgot. :roll:

If it was me, I'd ring up Sako and demand they build me a TRG in 6.5x55 hehehe

Well for that price i would order... exactly what i did rifle wise (TacOps X-Ray 51), but i might go a different routewith the scope IF i had the chance to look through the one i wanted before i paid for it.... otherwise im happy with my MK4 FFP. With the bipod, rifle, sling, scope, case, and shipping youll have spent very close to 7k! Then youll need to spend more on reloading and ammo supplies!
    Chris

Disclaimer: The views expressed herein are the views of MYSELF and should not be taken as the views of the agency for whom I work for!

Brother first off, the sling for the rifle is on me for your service. Back is messed up so not teaching right now but when its healed a day or two of training is on me also. SF

For the guy who said he needed instruction to be a weapon. He is a Marine, he is a weapon!

Now onto your question. This depends ona few things:

At one time I owned four 50 BMGs but lost interest and sold them all. The 338 Lapua is a better man sniping round because you can actually carry the weapon and enough ammo to do something.

In 338 Lapua my Favorite is the Desert Tactical recon. The most tried and true 338 is the AI but it is also the most expensive. Now with that in mind if you bout a AI twenty years ago its worth far more today than when purchased.

As to Tac Ops versus GAP M40A3. Pick who you are happy to work with and dont worry about getting a spec weapon system if you go to Tac Ops. I will feed Mike the info to make a spec M40A3 or A5, if that is the route you go. Either will build a fine weapon system.

Scopes: Well hard to say no to SxB or Hensoldt.

Sauer 202 Take-Down Elegance, with a 6.5x68 (with high twist) 19mm barrel, a damn good scope, and enough ammunition to last a while.

I'm afraid I might've blown the budget though If there is more money left, new caliber sets is the obvious choice.

Custom M40 in .300WM + NF scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper_Beast
    If it was me, I'd ring up Sako and demand they build me a TRG in 6.5x55 hehehe
    See, I cannot believe they don't already offer it! They're right next to Scandinavia, all of which use the Sauer 200 STR mainly in 6.5x55 as the competition rifle and round. You'd think they would've gotten the hint!

A TRG in 6.5x55 is next on my list if the above choice is too expensive

TRG 42 in 338LM and a US Optics or Schmidt Bender Scope

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Ads