Springfield M1A Loaded Standard MOA

This is a discussion on Springfield M1A Loaded Standard MOA within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; What MOA should I expect from my out of the box Springfield Loaded Standard (stainless barrel, match grade). I have the Springfield scope on it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Springfield M1A Loaded Standard MOA

What MOA should I expect from my out of the box Springfield Loaded Standard (stainless barrel, match grade). I have the Springfield scope on it with the bracket ranging system. Also, what ammo has been successful with it. Thanks

Probably in the 1 - 1.5 MOA area with match ammo

MEL

Hi welcome to the board. you are going to need a little more info than that. I can give you an answer but it wont be accurate. 1 i dont know your shooting experience. 2 what springfield? how long is the barrel what kind of twist etc. you need to be more specific when asking a question like that dude.

here is an estimate though considering you are an experienced shooter. less than 1 MOA
    "There is nothing more deadly than one well aimed shot."

Carlos Norman Hathcock II GYSGT USMC (RET)

M1A MOA

Thanks for the info--I was a SWAT leader in the 80's but entry guy not much into the longrifle until recently more for relaxation. Taught weapons and tactics on govenment contracts for 13 years or so. I'm a pretty good shot. Worked with various feds counter sniper units.
    In any case, seems it likes the BlackHills 168 gr. match the best although it shoots anything. I like the idea of quick followups and accuracy in one package. I have a Remington PSS that's a tack driver but it's always nice to have a little firepower if you need it. Sounds crazy but it was nice to have rcently in New Orleans after Katrina. My dentist friends (non military or police) used to give me a bad time about having guns and ammo at the ready all the time. They weren't laughing post Katrina.

Haven't shot the M1A out further that 300M. Just wondering if it is really capable of 600-800M precision shots in your opinions.

It is capable of 600-800 m shots, but it may need a little tweeking to do it. The loaded version has a match bbl and trigger and sights, so your good to go there. A glass bed job will probably help it a bit. I got a synthetic stock for mine, but have yet to bed the rifle. After that there are several things you can do to help, but that is better left to someone that knows more to explain it.
    John

1.Humans are more important than Hardware.

2.Quality is better than Quantity.

3.Special Operations Forces cannot be mass produced.

4.Competent Special Operations Forces cannot be created after emergencies occur.

great weapon you have there--very sturdy and dependable action, and with practice, im sure you could get her out to 800m(but thats only with practice and confidence) id say .75-1moa with good ammo also

dom
    "A rifle is like a human. The stock is the skeleton, the scope is the eyes, the action is the brain, and the barrel is the heart.
    But you, the man behind the rifle, you are the soul."

-"Practice is a worn out snap-cap." -Yours truly

Welcome to the Forums!

Long Tra'ng

Here is the info you were looking for. He stated the model in his first post. That actually gives you all the information you were looking for. He was also looking for MOA of the rifle. It doesn't matter if it is Tubbs or Joe Joe the idiot boy shooting it, the rifle is still capable of the same accuracy.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/pr...s-loaded.shtml

John

Re: M1A MOA

*Deleted*

Re: Springfield M1A Loaded Standard MOA

Quote Originally Posted by Oldswatguy
    What MOA should I expect from my out of the box Springfield Loaded Standard (stainless barrel, match grade). I have the Springfield scope on it with the bracket ranging system. Also, what ammo has been successful with it. Thanks
    Minute of terrorist at 800 yards.

--MH

*Deleted*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads