Gunwerks rifles

This is a discussion on Gunwerks rifles within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I just got done watching Long Range Persuit and couldn't help but notice the Gunwerks commercials every 5 mins. Curiousity got the best of me ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunwerks rifles

Gunwerks rifles

I just got done watching Long Range Persuit and couldn't help but notice the Gunwerks commercials every 5 mins. Curiousity got the best of me and I decided to check out their website and WOW. The LR-1000 setup is $7000, and their "affordable" LR-Hunter rifle is $4500?! Are these rifles really any better than some of the top smiths mentioned on this website? A couple of the guys here have said they bought their Tac-Ops for around $5000 and come with a 1/4 MOA guarantee with factory (FGMM) ammo, but the Gunwerks rifles don't really seem to cater to the customers options or preferences as well, and I only see a 1/2 MOA guarantee with their custom ammo. Am I missing something?
    Happiness is a warm gun.

Stevens 200 6.5x47 Lapua project rifle
    6.5x55 M96 Swedish Mauser
    S&W 1500 .30-06
    Savage 64FXP
    Springfield XD45 Tactical Bi-tone

Re: Gunwerks rifles

I have two Tac Ops rifles and two more on order an none of them cost $5000. However, optics and rings are extra.

Quote Originally Posted by avolcek

I guess they are after the really upper class hunting market who have WAY too much money and not enough smarts to know it can be done for considerably cheaper, we all know they are out there. Good luck to them. I know they won't be getting my money.
    I think that is the key point here. After looking at the website and thinking about it, nothing else really makes sense. Especially the services, that just makes me laugh. You pay someone $400 for a one time service of basically cleaning and inspecting parts and "validating trajectory"... whatever that means.
    Happiness is a warm gun.

Stevens 200 6.5x47 Lapua project rifle
    6.5x55 M96 Swedish Mauser
    S&W 1500 .30-06
    Savage 64FXP
    Springfield XD45 Tactical Bi-tone

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5man
    "validating trajectory"... whatever that means.

"Yup, it went that way..."

They dont look like anything special to me. IMO they are not worth $7000. I'd go with a Tac-Ops.
    -Scott
    USMC Veteran
    Semper Fi Till I Die

To all my fallen brothers you will not be forgotten

Priced for the New York Lawyers that fly into Montana / Alaska / Canada once a year and drop 35k on a hunting trip ....

You have that right.
    I have a story for you about big city Lawyers.

A guy I work with (he is retired Army) worked at a Deer check station (I cant remember where he said). Some big city Lawyers came rolling in (they have been out deer hunting let me remind you). They said they dont know whats so hard about deer hunting, they stand still. Rich said they had a Holestine Cow straped down, that they had shot. :lol:
    He said he didnt know what to say. He said he looked at them like "you dumb a**".
    -Scott
    USMC Veteran
    Semper Fi Till I Die

To all my fallen brothers you will not be forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Whit
    You have that right.
    I have a story for you about big city Lawyers.

A guy I work with (he is retired Army) worked at a Deer check station (I cant remember where he said). Some big city Lawyers came rolling in (they have been out deer hunting let me remind you). They said they dont know whats so hard about deer hunting, they stand still. Rich said they had a Holestine Cow straped down, that they had shot. :lol:
    He said he didnt know what to say. He said he looked at them like "you dumb a**".
    They probably had one of those $7500 unobtainium filled gov overrun elite COUNTERSNIPER scopes ....

Ask Mike @ TacOps to provide you with a NF scope, rings, and a base and see what the rifle costs. Then tell Mike you want him to zero the scope and provide you with data for THAT rifle and see how much it adds to the cost of the package. You think that Gunwerk rifle is expensive... Mike's time would be quite pricey as well.
    www.ThePracticalMarksman.com
    The proper application of a weapon in a practical situation.

For long range gear and reloading components check out our estore
    www.freedomgunworks.com

1. I have yet to see anyone shoot a .25MOA group with a Tac Ops rifle and Fed GMM ammo. Not taking anything away from Mike, just need someone to make a believer out of me.

2. The rifle is a complete package ready to go, they do it all.

3. Can YOU make accurate Density Altitude cards that work at any ASL and Temperature?

IMO, if you can't do #2 and #3 yourself, then A, you don't deserve a $7000 rifle, and B, you have WAY too much money.
    Who are you to decide what someone does and does not deserve? Since when has there ever been a such thing as too much money?

I'm not knocking Gunwerks rifles, I'm sure they are top notch. I'm knocking the market, which kudos to them they are exploiting. While I'm sure Mike has plenty of rifles he's made for people that want the best, he is also doing agency rifles for every combination of every letter of the alphabet and more, and these rifles take precedence over Joe Blow's every day of the week, and rightfully they should IMO.
    Do you have proof of a Tac Ops rifle being used as the shooter by an agency in the last 10 years? Alvocek, what do YOU do for a living? Are you "exploiting" someone because you get paid for what you do? What does Mike's clientele have to do with anything here? The cost of a gun is the cost of a gun, period.

The fact is, you're knocking a product you have little knowledge of based on you not thinking there is a value to it, which is your opinion. Didn't anyone ever tell you "if you can't say something nice..."? Let the guys at Gunwerks do their thing, just because it's not your thing doesn't make it bad or wrong.
    www.ThePracticalMarksman.com
    The proper application of a weapon in a practical situation.

For long range gear and reloading components check out our estore
    www.freedomgunworks.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ads