Used Colt competition rifle.

This is a discussion on Used Colt competition rifle. within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I know this is probably the wrong forum for this question but your experience and opinion is valued.... I have a colleague at work that ...

Used Colt competition rifle.

I know this is probably the wrong forum for this question but your experience and opinion is valued....

I have a colleague at work that wants to fund his next project which is an AR-10. He is asking $950 for a colt competition AR. He does not know the exact model but did say it has a 1:7 barrel, is a flat top with a removable handle. That is all that I could get out of him. I am not really into AR type rifles even though I am retired military but have lately been bitten by the bug. I had considered buying the DPMS mini SASS but would consider purchasing this Colt from my colleague if the asking price is reasonable.

Would like to know your thoughts and opinions on this. Is the asking price reasonable? Thanks. BTW round count is 300.
    Only two defining forces have offered to die for you. One is Jesus Christ for your soul, the other is the American soldier, for your freedom.

Re: Used Colt competition rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by ms6852
    I have a colleague at work that wants to fund his next project which is an AR-10. He is asking $950 for a colt competition AR.
    Depending one exactly what rifle this is, it is worth somewhere between $500 and $1000. I found a HBar Colt with the same description as you wrote on GunBroker at $599.

There are lots of insundry details that change the prices, such as the machining to take a bayonette, flash supressor, parkerized barrel versus stainless barrel, freefloated barrel, a few details on the upper and receivers, and finally M4 feed ramps.

Re: Used Colt competition rifle.

You can now get NIB 6920s for about $1100.
    Kamrad Tylov

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."

Ads