Stevens 200

This is a discussion on Stevens 200 within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Just wondering what you guys thought of the Stevens series of rifles. I was thinking of getting one in .30-06 to budget LA build. If ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stevens 200

Stevens 200

Just wondering what you guys thought of the Stevens series of rifles. I was thinking of getting one in .30-06 to budget LA build. If anyone has done one what were some of the mods you used, Thanks for the help fellas
    A reporter interviewing a Marine Sniper asked, " What do you feel when you have to shoot a terrorist"? The Marine shrugged his shoulders and replied "Recoil"

Re: Stevens 200

I think the consensus is that they are Savage made Stevens labeled actions w/o the Accutrigger and generally speaking good budget builders. Just my .02 cents.

~Reagan
    "There is a very thin line between being Brave and being Stupid.",~R.Reagan

Alright good deal. I may have to go with one of them after I get my .308 build done. What are the must have items and mods you guys recomend for it?
    A reporter interviewing a Marine Sniper asked, " What do you feel when you have to shoot a terrorist"? The Marine shrugged his shoulders and replied "Recoil"

Yep great base to build off there are a couple thread on this site where people have built them, my build thread is in my signature. If youre going to do a custom build I'd swap the barrel, bolt handle, recoil lug, trigger, stock, and maybe magazine. Everyone on this site is pretty cool so don't be afraid to search and ask questions.
    Happiness is a warm gun.

Stevens 200 6.5x47 Lapua project rifle
    6.5x55 M96 Swedish Mauser
    S&W 1500 .30-06
    Savage 64FXP
    Springfield XD45 Tactical Bi-tone

Ha ha, I acually just stumbled onto your build 6.5. (very nice by the way). But this site is very cool, lot of good fellas on here.

I think Im going to look into getting one when I get my .308 done. From everything Ive read the stevens is a pretty soild platform for a soild build.

Quote Originally Posted by avolcek
    Yep, AFAIK Stevens 200 LA is identical to the Savage 110 series actions. It's missing the Accu-Trigger, which isn't a huge deal, one would probably be better served by a Rifle-Basix SAV-2 trigger anyway. Everything else is just "looks" not function. Not to mention getting a Stevens 200 for half the cost of a plain-jane Savage 110 series, it's perfect to start a build off of. Good luck, if you need anything PM me.
    I never do this...you ready...+1. He's right on the money right down to the trigger choice.

Yea from everything Ive read, It seems that the Steven's is a pretty good choice

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedmac
    Yep, AFAIK Stevens 200 LA is identical to the Savage 110 series actions. It's missing the Accu-Trigger, which isn't a huge deal, one would probably be better served by a Rifle-Basix SAV-2 trigger anyway. Everything else is just "looks" not function. Not to mention getting a Stevens 200 for half the cost of a plain-jane Savage 110 series, it's perfect to start a build off of. Good luck, if you need anything PM me.
    I never do this...you ready...+1. He's right on the money right down to the trigger choice.
    Lol :lol:

~Reagan
    "There is a very thin line between being Brave and being Stupid.",~R.Reagan

Holy Smokes....

Sgreen, 6.5man hit it on the dot. One thing I would also consider, and can be done for less than $10 is a bolt lift kit. This will decrease the required force to open the bolt, it's a whole lot better when the bolt/action is trued, but still helps otherwise.

Ok ill put that on my list, were would I find said bolt lift kit?

Alright good deal Ill get with them on it and probably just get it all at once

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads