Clamp-on brakes now Available at Sniper Central Store!!!

This is a discussion on Clamp-on brakes now Available at Sniper Central Store!!! within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; See Page 2 for details......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Clamp-on brakes now Available at Sniper Central Store!!!

See Page 2 for details...
    Jeremy@kahntrol.com
    Kahntrol Solutions, No Gunsmithing Muzzle Brakes!

www.kahntrol.com
    336-453-5272

Re: Clamp-on brakes and my Rem700 Varmint...

That looks interesting for sure. I'll check out the video later.
    Joseph "Rhyno"

Very cool! Any idea how much louder it made the gun? Effect on accuracy?
    Let us recollect that peace or war will not always be left to our option; that however moderate or unambitious we may be, we cannot count upon the moderation, or hope to extinguish the ambition of others. - Federalist 34

On the rifles these have been fitted on, there was no measurable shift of POI, and on my .308, and my brothers 06 it seemed to tighten groups slightly, but that could be coincidence, but no one has had any negative effects.

Louder? Thats a relative question... if you're on the trigger, it's noticably louder, if your in the next firing lane it's considerably louder, if you are a deer 200 yds downrange not any louder at all :mrgreen: .

When I get home from work today I'll get into more detail.
    Jeremy@kahntrol.com

www.kahntrol.com
    336-453-5272

An increase in accuracy is understandable, anytime you reduce recoil you can expect an improvement.
    Joseph "Rhyno"

Just out of curiosity and not wanting to steal any secrets...

It looks like you might have two rows of Popple holes along the top but it seems more likely that these are screw holes. That being the case, the side baffles are the main (only) means of dissipating the muzzle blast and they appear to be directed completely to the sides.

The reason I ask is that I shoot competition pistol and some AR and compensators for these guns always have a mix of vertical and horizontal gas redirection. And yet, your video seems to indicate that the horizontal baffles alone seem to be doing a fairly good job of keeping the flip/jump to a minimum. How did you settle on that design?
    Graham Smith, SFC, US Army (Ret)
    "There's no right way to do the wrong thing."

dang it gs... thats the second thread in a row you beat me on with similar response/question... LOL!

So, I know nothing about muzzle breaks (and for that matter don't shoot anything that needs a muzzle break). But what else can you tell me about installation. I see the words 'CLAMP-ON' in your description. And you make mention of installation instructions. Is this a DIY job for your average joe....like me...I may however be less than average, just ask my wife.

So, I know nothing about muzzle breaks (and for that matter don't shoot anything that needs a muzzle break). But what else can you tell me about installation. I see the words 'CLAMP-ON' in your description. And you make mention of installation instructions. Is this a DIY job for your average joe....like me...I may however be less than average, just ask my wife.

Muzzle "flip" is relative to barrel length and center of gravity(in pistols especially), in rifles it's more about amount of recoil and line of thrust relative to the stock/shoulder interface. In rifles, if you remove enough of the rearward thrust, "flip" goes away without having to redirect gases upwards. Second thing about muzzle brakes vs compensators, compensators redirect gases to create a thrust to control flip and recoil, Brakes on the other hand rely on the inertia of the gases moving at 10,000+ fps(once the bullet leaves the barrel, the gases actually travel faster than and pass the projectile) slamming into a wall, so to speak, arresting the rearward momentum by using the brake as a "parachute".

As to the installation instructions, an average joe can install, but to ensure concentricity with the barrel, there is a slight interference fit, which can be overcome by tapping lightly with a deadblow to seat the brake completely against the barrel, or my preference is that you put the brake in the oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes and using gloves, remove the brake and it will slide right on to the stop, and after a minute or 2 it will cool and tighten up. If you look closely mine isn't split all the way into the ports like the Roedale brakes(that would make it too easy to get misaligned). Now, you may ask yourself, "does that mean the brake will get loose if it gets hot?", the answer is No. Matter expands 3 dimensionally when heated, and the brake is engineeered so that as the aluminum expands, it will actually tighten due to the length of the screws clamping it together, and even if the brake was heated to 500 degrees(like with succesive rapidfiring of 30 rd mags), the aluminum will not heat as much as the barrel, and even though steel doesn't expand as much as the aluminum per degree of temperature change, the steel holds heat much longer than aluminum, meaning that you're going to melt your barrel before the brake gets hot enough to cause issues.

As far as the design goes, I can assure you that this was a long tiring process of R&D and engineering, but as the video illustrates, a .308 with less than an inch of recoil, when fired from a free recoil state, it was worth it. Without exageration I can say that a .177 pellet rifle has more recoil than my rifle, and a .300 RUM recoils like my little remington 552 speedmaster .22 ...

Jeremy Kahn
    Kahntrol Solutions
    336-453-5272
    jeepkahn@yahoo.com
    Jeremy@kahntrol.com

www.kahntrol.com
    336-453-5272

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads