Stock upgrade Options for Savage 11/111 30-06

This is a discussion on Stock upgrade Options for Savage 11/111 30-06 within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I am new to Sniper Central and need some advise. I just bought a new Savage 11/111 Trophy Hunter XP package (rifle & Nikon scope) ...

Stock upgrade Options for Savage 11/111 30-06

I am new to Sniper Central and need some advise. I just bought a new Savage 11/111 Trophy Hunter XP package (rifle & Nikon scope) as a good basic rifle plateform that I will be doing some upgrades to.

Does anyone know of a good aftermarket stock manufacturer that you could recomend for this upgrade? I'm looking at synthetic stocks.

Semper Fi

Re: Stock upgrade Options for Savage 11/111 30-06

You basically have just a few options if you want a tactical-style stock - Adam mentioned the only two I would spend money on. Unfortunately, aftermarket stuff for the long action is nowhere near as proliferous as it is for the long action. I have a choate varminter and a choate tactical - they are both heavy and unwieldy. Regretfully, the comb on the tactical is so low that even a cheekrest won't put your eye in the right spot.

Next build I do, I'm going with a Macmillan A5 and calling it done. The prairie dog specials from stockade are also good, from what I've read.
    Let us recollect that peace or war will not always be left to our option; that however moderate or unambitious we may be, we cannot count upon the moderation, or hope to extinguish the ambition of others. - Federalist 34

Ads