Rifle modifications that increase accuracy the most? - Page 7

Rifle modifications that increase accuracy the most?

This is a discussion on Rifle modifications that increase accuracy the most? within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Where is Lonewolf when we need him? I know I’m a little late on this one but if you are speaking about Don Mayo ( ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Rifle modifications that increase accuracy the most?

Where is Lonewolf when we need him?

I know I’m a little late on this one but if you are speaking about Don Mayo ( LoneWolf ) I am very sorry to say he passed away last year. I would say that’s probably why you all have not seen him on here for some time. Don was a good friend of mine and he went by the user name LoneWolf here and ODA726 on Snipers Hide…
    Don is greatly missed…
    Mike R.
    Tac Ops
    "Every Great Warrior deserves a Great Death"

Thank you for sticking this post. It's the second post I read since joining the forum a few hours ago.
    I think it's the best thread of any forum that I've ever come across as of yet and the truth resonates like a tuning fork.
    Thank you Nate and thank you all for freely sharing that which you worked so tirelessly to obtain.
    I look forward to reading and learning more here.
    hseII likes this.

Amazing post Nate, and thanks to the OP for asking that question. I bought a 700 ADL in .308 this summer and love it. So far the only change has been a Nikon optic and adjusting the trigger to a lighter setting, snap caps will be here tomorrow. After reading this thread, I am quite confident in my original plan of shooting the hell out of it to know what I can do before making any changes. I have a Lakefield .22LR that will be getting a ton of use to work on my mechanics.

Great thread for a new guy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Great thread!
    My view, everyone is correct. Not trying to sit on the fence here. Because everything mentioned can contribute to accuracy (to a greater or lesser degree). Some people prefer to tackle elements A, B and C for example. While another may opt for elements C, D, E because they hate element A - reloading for example, and also has more funds available.
    I bought a 700 SPS Varmint in 308 early 2015, and had very little experience with 308's. 3 biggest things that made a diference for me..
    1) practice - dry firing included - on high magnification to exagerate isues with movement, flinches, trigger pull etc.
    2) Glass - some decent repeatable tracking optics on a solid base. I found Sightron good value for money.
    3) Reloading - Im still amazed at the difference between, for example, PPU 147gn factory ammo, and reloaded SMK155 on fired brass. Maybe my gun is fussy but I can easily see a 1/2MOA improvement every time I re-run the 2 cartridges side by side using 5 shot groups . Even tried batches with same SMK loads on fired and unfired brass, unfired brass consistently 1/4MOA worse. Reloading saved me money and improved accuracy. Probably better to start here IMHO. Allows more of item 1. and more smiles

Gun is standard. I also go back and train with a spring air rifle sometimes when I feel my form is getting lazy. It's a bitch to shoot well without a good repeatable hold, trigger pull etc.

Banned
    Increase your shooting accuracy by following some rule. You have to understood where your bullet will fall. I can give you step by step guideline here or Url where you get all kind of informative article on rifle scope with beautiful infographics.

Banned
    Very cool.
    Last edited by David Hoback; 12-14-2016 at 01:25 PM.

Before posting to this thread, the second post on page 1 should be read thoroughly...THAT is the reason this thread was sticky'd. David...reloading is important, but please read post #2...also, please make your way to our introductions section and be sure to also read the sticky's in that portion of the forum.
    - Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD (.308 WIN)
    - Savage Model 11 (.270 WSM)
    - Remington 760 Gamemaster (.243 WIN)
    - Winchester Model 9422M (.22 Win Mag)
    - Marlin Glenfield Model 20 (.22 S-L-LR)
    - Marlin Glenfield Model 60 (.22 LR)
    - Remington 870 Express Magnum (12 ga.)
    - Winchester Ranger Model 120 (20 ga.)
    - Ithaca M-66 SuperSingle (.410 ga.)
    - Ultra-Hi by Miroku of Japan (.45 BP)

Great thread and the second one I read since signing up, 59 years old and still learning.

The three most important things pertaining to rifle accuracy are ......the barrel.....the barrel...and the barrel. Everything else, though important, is less.

Wait for it.....
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

USAF 1966-1970, SEA 69-70

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Ads