Savage 11VT- Dicks Sporting Goods

This is a discussion on Savage 11VT- Dicks Sporting Goods within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Good evening. I'm new to the forum although I've been lurking for a pretty long time. Last week I stopped by Dick's and saw a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Savage 11VT- Dicks Sporting Goods

Savage 11VT- Dicks Sporting Goods

Good evening. I'm new to the forum although I've been lurking for a pretty long time. Last week I stopped by Dick's and saw a Savage rifle package that seems to be a special run for Dicks. It was labeled 11VT, has a 24 inch heavy barrel, a detectable magazine, a Bushnell scope, and the accru-trigger set up. It apparently NLT comes in .223 and .308. The .308 is what I'm interested in and it has a 1:10 rate of twist. Has anyone seen it and/ or have more information on it? I'm interested but I'd want to make sure I can get a new stock for it. The price is $599. Thanks for any help you can offer. -Jeremy

I won't shop at Dicks anymore - after they decided that AR15's are "BAD" and decided not to carry them anymore after newtown. I think there are a few manufacturers making stocks for Savages - maybe try at Stocky's Stocks.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    BisonTactical.com

its baically svages model 11/111 set up as a special for dicks. I just bought one and its a realy nice rilfe. Im still looking around for stock options but it seems most 10/11/12 design stocks will work. It might require very little modification because of savages new location of the bolt release.

You don't say what you are interested in this rifle for. But if you are new to this game and just want something to learn with, this rifle in .223 might be a worthwhile place to start.

Get it and a bipod and ammunition and shoot it "as is". Don't change anything. Stick to distances from 100-300yd and learn. Keep shooting it as is until you can out shoot the rifle. Get started reloading and learn to tune loads. Experiment, practice, learn. A good shooter with an average rifle can often out shoot an average shooter with a good rifle.

If your aren't particularly new and you want to upgrade the base rifle, then this probably not such a great package.
    Last edited by gsmithplm; 04-07-2013 at 08:09 AM.
    Graham Smith, SFC, US Army (Ret)
    "There's no right way to do the wrong thing."

1920590_661035427289351_906205582_n.jpg 10008445_661492100577017_2062086581_n.jpg
    I just got my Savage 11 VT - .308. I took it to the range on a rainy day (welcome to Florida) right out of the box, with no scope adjustments, just wanted to run some lead through it. The first group of four shots was at 50 yards, the second group of four shots was 100 yards, oh yeah, Dicks has dropped the price to $499

I am looking at this package as well to get started in long range shooting. They also have a Remington 700 Varmint package for similar pricing. Any info or updates that can be offered would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bisontactical View Post
    I won't shop at Dicks anymore - after they decided that AR15's are "BAD" and decided not to carry them anymore after newtown. I think there are a few manufacturers making stocks for Savages - maybe try at Stocky's Stocks.
    Yes, this. To hell with those turncoats.

You may want to check out the Savage 10T at Cabelas . It sells for $599 last I checked , has
    an accustock ( 11VT no accustock ) . Also I shoot factory ammo and I am finding that .223
    is cheaper than .308 . The difference with the 11VT as opposed to 10T is the 11 is a
    package with a scope .

As an update, I bought the 11VT (.308) at Dick's for a really good price @$375 with it being on sale and a discount for getting one of their cards. I really like it so far and it shoots well. The scope that comes with it is not great but as a budget shooter just getting into long range shooting it will be fine until I can upgrade. My first update/ improvement will either be new a new metal baseplate and magazine or a new scope. The base plate that comes on the rifle is the same as the Savage axis which seems a cheap quality and is plastic. You can order the new metal parts directly from Savage. Based on what I found on the net the parts numbers are below. While the barrel is free floated the factory stock is a little limp so when shooting it could make contact with the barrel so a new stock would be a nice upgrade as well.

Trigger guard- 107217 $25, Frame Assembly- 106705 $78, Magazine- 55105 $50. Everything should be a direct replacement.

SW Ohio when I am not on my motorcycle riding north
    I bought my Remington 700 Varmint at Dicks. I believe before they got rid of the AR15s. I occasionally buy ammo and stuff from them because I thought they were the only ones local besides Walmart who rarely had any decent stuff. But the guy behind the counter the other day gave me a tip for a local guy that runs a small shop and apparently has decent prices on stuff. I think I can avoid them even more now if this turns out to be true.

BTW Congrats on the new rifle. You'll be upgrading in no time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads