Springfield Armory White Feather / Carlos Hathcock M-25 (M-14/M1A)

This is a discussion on Springfield Armory White Feather / Carlos Hathcock M-25 (M-14/M1A) within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I happen to come across a Springfield Armory White Feather /Carlos Hathcock M-25 (M-14 on Steroids) It's mine now. The previous owner didn't have any ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Wolfpack5

Thread: Springfield Armory White Feather / Carlos Hathcock M-25 (M-14/M1A)

Springfield Armory White Feather / Carlos Hathcock M-25 (M-14/M1A)

I happen to come across a Springfield Armory White Feather /Carlos Hathcock M-25 (M-14 on Steroids) It's mine now. The previous owner didn't have any manuals or anything on this rifle when I bought it. It is in excellent conditions. I got a hold of Springfield Armory for a manual and they said they didn't have any and all they sent me was the typical M-14 manual. I started to break it down for a detailed inspection but stopped. I stopped because when I went to remove the trigger housing group it seem harder then usual to breakdown. So I didn't want to force it. Any help would be appreciated from someone who may own one like mine. I want to make sure before I go any further. Please and Thank You.

Banned
    Recomendation. Only post these things once.

Does the trigger group come out ok and the rifle is hard to remove from the stock?
    If so, this rifle is most likely bedded and might have a rear lug. you need to rock it very slightly
    forward and backword while pulling STRAIGHT up.
    Make sure everything is dead clean when reassembled.
    The trigger group should be bedded as well.

Go to the forum on the CMP website and read everything you can find on the M14. Then go out and get yourself a rubber mallet, rawhide mallet and a wooden mallet and see what works best for you. You will find them very useful for a new rifle. The trigger housing group on any new or rebuilt Garand design system (M1, M14, BM59, M1A, etc) rifle will need persuasion at first both coming out and going in. Be careful but a certain amount of force is necessary.

Yeah sorry about that.

I think you might be right about the bedding. And no I can't even budge the trigger housing group. I know how to break an ordinary M-14 down. So yeah it bugged me that the trigger housing group would not budge. The guy that had it before me had some big first place trophies that he won at matches shooting this rifle. I took it to the range to sight it in, and I shot three rounds, quarter size group, at 100 yards dead center first time, and I wasn't even trying too... I was shocked! But I think your right. I will take it to a friend of mine that has a shop. Not trying to brag but I am impressed with the performance of this semi-auto rifle. I guess from what I could find literature wise it says it has a... McMillian stock, Krieger barrel and jeweled trigger. I am not sure if this is true. I bought it for medium range use 100 to 800 yards and for rapid fire on multiple targets. The trigger pull is so nice... smooth and crisp lol! So far I have shot 200 yards quarter size groups. Have not shot any further yet. It also has the original Springfiled Armory Scope on it. 6-20x56 Government model Japanese Glass I am assuming. I hear in different circles that these scopes blow up over time, can't handle it I guess. Would like all the input or information I can get on this. Also when I was in Marksmanship Instructor (U.S.M.C.) School 1993 Carlos Hathcock came to our class and hung around for a few days. He signed my Marksmanship Instructor Certificate. I was in awe... I got my 7th Award Expert Badge that day too. So it has some sentimental value to me also. Gunny Hathcock was sick back then and even spoke openly about it. A few years later Springfield Armory made this model rifle and I can't remember if the Gunny was still alive or he had passed away back then. Our instructors called it a speech back then... But Gunny Hathcock told us all to sit down relax and listen to what he had to say about Marksmanship and how it all starts here with the basics and how what you have learned here this week you will carry with you... your whole life of shooting. And he was right. He was a Marine Gunnery Sergeant but he spoke to all of us like we were his son's or brothers. Can't say enough about that week with the man.
    GMinor and hoagymaster like this.

Ads