Carl Gustav...

This is a discussion on Carl Gustav... within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Got my Carl Gustav 6.5x55 walnut stock 29 inch barrel - what a sweet, sweet, shooting rifle 1 1/2 to 2 inch groups at 100 ...

Thread: Carl Gustav...

Carl Gustav...

Got my Carl Gustav 6.5x55 walnut stock 29 inch barrel - what a sweet, sweet, shooting rifle 1 1/2 to 2 inch groups at 100 yards no sweat with iron sights ... no kick, shoots like a babies whisper... Money WELL spent!!!

Got to tell ya' those swedes know how to make a military rifle fit and finish is top notch and to think this thing is an antique 1906 - 100 years old ... Hope I can make it, look as good and perform like a champ at 100 years old - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, doubt that... LOL

Thats worth a pretty penny! What old man did you mug on the rifle range for it?

Operator

Yup - and the best part is - E V E R Y - number matches it's in superb condition the bore looks like a mirror -

Funny you should mention it but the guy was older ... I paid $300 for it I've seen them go as high as $600 with no matching numbers - LOL

I like buying anything from old people especially cars in retiree towns. The only time they use them are to go to the grocery store or run small errons. Looks like you got yourself a heck of a deal bud. Post some pics would you? Congrats btw!

Operator

Made in 1906, with a Walnut stock? That's odd, especially if it's supposedly from the Carl Gustav Factory. They started with using birch or elm around 1904, much earlier than the other Mauser manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekekami
    supposedly from the Carl Gustav Factory.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - "supposedly"

Awesome -

Then I must have an even rarer edition - cool I'm real happy about that the crown clearly states CARL GUSTAFS STADS 1906... and without a doubt a walnut stock all numbers match...

Curious. Would be nice to see a pic of that, so I can dig further. I'm only going by what my great-grandfather told us kids.

Now if I could only get the rest of the medal collection that he had, but it's split up among other relatives too :evil:

Atleast you have something. My dads uncle or I could say my great uncle on my dads side was command sergeant major for Ft.Carson, CO and fought in WW2 and Korea. He looked like the real Gunny Highway when he wore his class a's. Anyways his wife who was concidered a maniac by most threw away his class a's after he died and sold most of his other medals at a garage sale she had. Talk about a p-off family lol. I thought I was mad until I heard some of the other family members talk about what they would like to do to her haha.

Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Nekekami
    Curious. Would be nice to see a pic of that, so I can dig further. I'm only going by what my great-grandfather told us kids.

Now if I could only get the rest of the medal collection that he had, but it's split up among other relatives too :evil:
    I will email them to you as I don't know how to post on here it's more than difficult so email me and I'll send some back at you ...

Here I will make it easy for you:

Go to www.imageshack.com and click on "browse" it will take you directly to your pictures you have on your computer under "my pictures". Simply click on the picture you want than click on "Host it". It will give you a list of url's all of them work but choose the one that says "Show image to friends".

Operator

Ads