Savage Tactical Bolt Handle

This is a discussion on Savage Tactical Bolt Handle within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I was wondering is the sharp shooter supply the only tactical bolt handle for the 10FP? I have been searching but had no luck. I ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Savage Tactical Bolt Handle

I was wondering is the sharp shooter supply the only tactical bolt handle for the 10FP? I have been searching but had no luck. I was looking for something like the Tac-Ops bolt handle.

Thanks for the help

When you find one buy it and send it our way I would be Happy to do a Tac Ops for you like I did for Long Wolf, I will only charge you a few dollars.... :wink:

Long Wolf's came out pretty sweet, just ask him 8)

Mike
    Tac Ops
    "Every Great Warrior deserves a Great Death"

Tactical bolt handle for Savage

Do what has been done before, grind down the factory ball and thread it for the Badger Ordnance or similar add-on knob.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ ... +BOLT+KNOB

If you screw one up, a replacement factory handle is only $12.00 or so.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Ops
    When you find one buy it and send it our way I would be Happy to do a Tac Ops for you like I did for Long Wolf, I will only charge you a few dollars.... :wink:

Long Wolf's came out pretty sweet, just ask him 8)

Mike
    Tac Ops
    It came out VERY SWEET! I'll get some pic's up soon.
    RIP 27 February, 2014

We greatly appreciated the years of your life you spent with all of us. Sleep well, brother.

Thanks Black Ops I will be contacting you as soon as I can get a donor handle. By the way what handle did Lone Wolf use for a donor?

Quote Originally Posted by jlitalien
    Thanks Black Ops I will be contacting you as soon as I can get a donor handle. By the way what handle did Lone Wolf use for a donor?
    I used the SharpShooterSupply tactical bolt handle. It is thicker than the Savage bolt handles, which makes the TacOps bolt knob fit much nicer.
    RIP 27 February, 2014

We greatly appreciated the years of your life you spent with all of us. Sleep well, brother.

Thanks for the help Lone Wolf! Mike I will pm you when I get the Bolt handle from SS Supply.

Thanks again

Do what has been done before, grind down the factory ball and thread it for the Badger Ordnance or similar add-on knob.
    The only problem is the bolt knob then is too short, almost to the point of touching the stock. Then there is the gap you can look down into on the front and back of the handle where it attatches to the knob. Not to mention the incredible terrible look it leaves. This was how my bolt handle looked with the old "ball" cut off.
    And then there is the end result. Just happens to be a Tactical Operations, Inc. masterpiece.
    It is your money, I would just suggest spending $150.00 or so to have it done right. When I look at mine everyday I would rather see perfection. The first two show the comparison between the two prior to the knob being installed. I think the end result is obvious.

I believe if life gives you lemons make lemonade then find someone that life gave vodka to and have a party. Ron White

APK
    Ahh....I love the internet.

You can take something someone says so personally that you let it ruin your whole day and instead of having a thought provoking dicussion.

That said I'll make a few things clear:

1. I don't like halfa** work, it costs you more in the end. Do it once, do it right.

2. In my honest opinion TacOps makes the best rigs out there, bar none. Now this does not take away from any of the other builders out there, I have spoke to quite a few and they are very nice guys, and do superb work. At the end of the day most of us can't afford to have a rifle built by each smith even though we might like to, you choose yours, and I'll choose mine. Then we can all hold hands and sing Kum-bi-ya. Seriously...it never seizes to amaze me how threads about rifle manufacturers can turn into a F*ing pissing contest based not on FACT, but EMOTION.

3. I have a theory, actually I developed it just tonight while talking on the phone. Whenever I have seen a thread about TacOps and their work, it goes 1 of 2 directions. The first being that TacOps is praised widely by a bunch of people who speak nothing but the best of them, and how kick*ss they are. The second being they get pissed on by people who are either uneducated as to their product, or just jealous and talking smack. Yes there are other good builders out there, but I have never seen another company take so much shit by people who never present actual FACTS, it's always about EMOTION.

What I've learned since being introduced into this industry, is that doing things yourself, or on a budget can often leave you paying twice as much in the end. I am a firm believer in getting the most out of my money, and I can pinch pennies like no other (college will do that to you), however when it comes to my equipment, I take no chances, I get what works, all the time, everytime, no compromise. If you have a valid process to a DIY bolt knob job then AWESOME!!! Go post it in the 'DIY' section and let's have a look. Not too short? Even better, do a writeup and let us have a look. But pouting in the corner? What does that solve. We're all grown ups here (most of us, not counting the airsoft/ex Navy Seal/internet ninja kiddies) so quit sh*t talking and provide FACTS, not EMOTIONS.
    "He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
    -Thomas Paine

Insults aside. Hopefully you are done taking personal shots.

Let's be realistic.
    Badger Bolt Knob: $35.00
    Die for cutting threads: $50.00
    Let's say shipping: $7.00
    Total: $92.00
    Then let's say we go with you're theory. And you have to buy another handle because "if you screw one up" there is another $12.00 + maybe
    $5.00 shipping, what is that up to $109.00?
    So for around $40.00 more you could have it done right, with the proper length and fit and finish.
    Dosen't sound like rocket science to me to come to a conclusion.
    I believe if life gives you lemons make lemonade then find someone that life gave vodka to and have a party. Ron White

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Ads