Quietest Muzzle Brake? - Page 2

Quietest Muzzle Brake?

This is a discussion on Quietest Muzzle Brake? within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Originally Posted by NorCalFocus I'd try. There's lots of brake comparisons videos out there, see if there is a noise one. Thanks. I looked at ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Quietest Muzzle Brake?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    I'd try. There's lots of brake comparisons videos out there, see if there is a noise one.
    Thanks. I looked at a chart on Long Range Shooters (I think it was) site and they had a sound/concussion chart comparing some popular brands.

Quote Originally Posted by sa-shooter View Post
    At least you guys can get guns easily . I can buy a can but no gun to put it on... . Anyway, where I'm from, breaks are quite popular. Especially on the 10.5" carbines. Shooting next to the guy with a break is annoying but its a case of "deal with it or go elsewhere".
    We had a guy at our club range that was always complaining about shooters with brakes on their rifles. He finally lodged a complaint with the "Range Committee" and wanted them "banned'. They politely told him the same as you suggested but added "It's a freaking Gun Range, not a Library, you moron". He now goes way down to the end and shoots by himself, bitching, griping, and kicking waste cans.
    Olmott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by deadshot2 View Post
    We had a guy at our club range that was always complaining about shooters with brakes on their rifles. He finally lodged a complaint with the "Range Committee" and wanted them "banned'. They politely told him the same as you suggested but added "It's a freaking Gun Range, not a Library, you moron". He now goes way down to the end and shoots by himself, bitching, griping, and kicking waste cans.
    Its always fun standing back and watching these types of okes go at it and lose thier patience. Its quite entertaining

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Olmott View Post
    There are articles on PRB comparing many brakes. Worth a look:

Muzzle Brake: Summary of Field Test Results - PrecisionRifleBlog.com
    Great read Olmott. Thanks for the link. (and to everyone else who replied).
    I guess they are all going to be loud (hence the nature of the design). It comes down to whether I just jump into that pool or not.
    Thanks again..

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearm...ition-silencer

By "quiet" do you mean "directs the noise elsewhere"? Because brakes can't by law reduce noise. They become suppressors when they do that.

Quote Originally Posted by cmorehouse View Post
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearm...ition-silencer

By "quiet" do you mean "directs the noise elsewhere"? Because brakes can't by law reduce noise. They become suppressors when they do that.

I believe that the term "Quiet Brake (muzzle)" is an oxymoron. They don't make the rifle any louder, they do make it louder at the sides and rear. I suppose that someone could fabricate a sturdy funnel shaped object, attach it just behind the brake, and thus make the rifle look more like a "blunderbuss". Unfortunately that might increase the noise behind the line-----the uproarious laughter from fellow shooters and other observers
    Olmott likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads