Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

Stock suggestion Remington 700

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  coolbox 
#1 ·
Looking for a stock replacement for my 700 sps varmint .243. Would like something adjustable. Mostly benchrest. Looking at bell Carlson or hs precision. Would also like ease of converting to detachable magazine

Thanks

#2 ·
AICS is about the cheapest adjustable and detachable mag option that is of quality.

I prefer manners stocks, but you will want to convert to a drop mag at the same time.

#3 ·
I am looking for a stock upgrade for my Remington 700 5r milspec, and looking for adjustable stock myself.

My friend has a Bell n Carlson adjustable Varmint, and other has an AI AT 2.0 (folding) stock. I think I prefer the Bell n Carlson a bit more for bench rest, better grip position for me for the shooting hand. AIAT 2.0 has advantage of being a folder, and might suit others better. I will admit, the length of pull on AL stock was not to my liking, and that could have been a factor in me not liking it as much as B&C.
I also likE what I read about MDT HS3 and LSS-XL chassis.

#6 ·
My friend's stock is with a dbm. Not sure who did it for him.

The stock will have to be inletted by a gunsmith for dbm.
For DBM selection, I would not be able to guide you as have not owned any myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.