Savage BA Stealth in 308 - Page 8

Savage BA Stealth in 308

This is a discussion on Savage BA Stealth in 308 within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Originally Posted by Orkan Bolt head shearing off. Trigger failing to reset. Trigger pull weight variation. Failure to fire. Failure to feed. Failure to eject. ...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 95
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Savage BA Stealth in 308

  1. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkan View Post
    Bolt head shearing off. Trigger failing to reset. Trigger pull weight variation. Failure to fire. Failure to feed. Failure to eject. Bolt locking shut. Horrific bolt lift. Light strikes. Primer piercing due to geography on firing pin. No rifling in part of barrel. Ejector shearing off. Firing pin spring cracking in half. Firing pin breaking. Bolt handle ripping off. ... and that's just the specific instances I can remember.
    Was the rifling missing at an end or the middle? That would seem like their tooling failed or the barrel had a spot that the diameter was larger. Secondly how the hell did that make it out of the factory? QC failed that day!

  2. #72
    Super Moderator Arkansas89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hampton Roads
    Posts
    1,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Tejas View Post
    Was the rifling missing at an end or the middle? That would seem like their tooling failed or the barrel had a spot that the diameter was larger. Secondly how the hell did that make it out of the factory? QC failed that day!
    It wouldn't matter where it was missing at, the point still remains. And as you said QC did not do their job...but that is the point we have been trying to make over and over again, on different posts EVERY day...Savage rifles not only have problems, but QC doesn't catch them and if they do than they simply don't care. They preach that every rifle leaves the factory within spec, but who's spec are they saying is acceptable? Savage rifles are as cheap as they are for a reason, you get what you pay for. A Remington 700 is not the best rifle by any means, but it still costs twice as much as a Savage for a reason. Buy Savage, buy pain and heartache...you just proved that point just a little more
    "Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding."
    - Proverbs 17:28, KJV

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    25
    For an economical builder/DIY'er the Savage 10 is the best dollar for dollar Rifle. That is a FACT IMHO. Can a stock Savage have some problems? Of course! But starting with a stripped action and using aftermarket parts addresses all of the problems(even the imaginary ones that none of us have ever seen) mentioned. Is it the absolute best MOST accurate option on Earth. No, of course not. But it will work very well, and not exhibit the imaginary problems listed. Aaaaannnd Go!
    Last edited by David Hoback; 12-16-2016 at 12:10 PM.

  4. #74
    Sponsors Orkan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,824
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hoback View Post
    For an economical builder/DIY'er the Savage 10 is the best dollar for dollar Rifle. That is a FACT. Can a stock Savage have some problems? Of course! But starting with a stripped action and using aftermarket parts addresses all of the problems(even the imaginary ones that none of us have ever seen) mentioned. Is it the absolute best MOST accurate option on Earth. No, of course not. But it will work very well, and not exhibit the imaginary problems listed. Aaaaannnd Go!
    Actually that's not a fact at all. It's an opinion, and an opinion that is easily proven false. Howa's are significantly cheaper and significantly better.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    25
    That's fair. Your correct that it is my opinion. I edited the above to reflect that.

  6. #76
    Senior Member gpark09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hoback View Post
    For an economical builder/DIY'er the Savage 10 is the best dollar for dollar Rifle. That is a FACT. Can a stock Savage have some problems? Of course! But starting with a stripped action and using aftermarket parts addresses all of the problems(even the imaginary ones that none of us have ever seen) mentioned. Is it the absolute best MOST accurate option on Earth. No, of course not. But it will work very well, and not exhibit the imaginary problems listed. Aaaaannnd Go!
    No sir. I don't think you are updated what's currently out in the market, sir. The most accountable economical DIY rifle currently in the market is Howa 1500 barreled action. Don't get me wrong, I am not a Savage hater. No, sir. But, not a fan either.

    Anyways.... I just purchased 3 Howa 1500 barreled action for my hunting buddies to prepare for hogs and coyos. Even for dollar for dollar performance and my build defeats your purpose. For the cost, the lowest came under $600. However, this one tacti-cool guy (we call him fat Mike. Don't tell him I told you guys) wanted for the modern stocks and so on and his came $1300. You get the picture. LOL.

    Obviously, you had great experience with your Savage, just like I had perfect experience with my Remy and Armalite. But, I do have to say Savage builds defeats it's own purpose these days. Who knows they will get better in the future, both Remy and Savage.
    Last edited by gpark09; 12-16-2016 at 12:27 PM.

  7. #77
    Super Moderator Arkansas89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hampton Roads
    Posts
    1,656
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hoback View Post
    For an economical builder/DIY'er the Savage 10 is the best dollar for dollar Rifle. That is a FACT...
    Where's your evidence? Don't worry, I brought some...

    Quote Originally Posted by David Hoback View Post
    ...But starting with a stripped action and using aftermarket parts addresses all of the problems(even the imaginary ones that none of us have ever seen) mentioned...
    How much does the Savage rifle cost, being you can't really just buy a "stripped" action? $500-650 https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/cate...scend&page=all
    How much does it cost to replace EVERYTHING on the Savage? Let's just say well over $1000 for the sake of argument. Actual research for quality parts would probably realistically be over $2000
    Total well over $1000-2000...even if you own a Savage and strip it down to just the action, the replacement parts and smith fees will put you well over $1000

    How much does the Howa barreled action cost? $450 1500 BARRELED ACTION VARMINT HEAVY BARREL BLUE .308 WIN #6 | Brownells
    How much does the stock for the Howa barreled action cost? Starting at about $250-300
    Total about $700-750

    And the Howa consistently shoots better than the rebuild Savage...still

    On another note, what do you recommend a person buy to fix this Savage?
    338kb01big.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by David Hoback View Post
    ...Aaaaannnd Go!
    I think I'm winning...
    "Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding."
    - Proverbs 17:28, KJV

  8. #78
    Super Moderator Arkansas89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hampton Roads
    Posts
    1,656
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hoback View Post
    ...That is a FACT IMHO...
    I see what you did there, nice oxy-moron...makes for a great little contradiction.

    338kb01big.jpgCapture.JPG

    I really like that the definition of opinion is the "fact" that it is not based on fact or knowledge...
    "Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding."
    - Proverbs 17:28, KJV

  9. #79
    Super Moderator Arkansas89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hampton Roads
    Posts
    1,656
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hoback View Post
    For an economical builder/DIY'er the Savage 10 is the best dollar for dollar Rifle. That is a FACT IMHO. Can a stock Savage have some problems? Of course! But starting with a stripped action and using aftermarket parts addresses all of the problems(even the imaginary ones that none of us have ever seen) mentioned. Is it the absolute best MOST accurate option on Earth. No, of course not. But it will work very well, and not exhibit the imaginary problems listed. Aaaaannnd Go!
    On another note, aside from tearing apart your own contradictions (which I truly love doing)...what makes you say they are imaginary problems? Are they imaginary because you haven't seen them? Because I can get you pictures and/or videos of my claims if needed. No sense in believing what you can't see right? Something to that extent...either way, not seeing something happen to 1 or 2 rifles doesn't mean it hasn't happened to hundreds of others...it simply means you have been blessed with a slightly less piece of junk...you should call Savage QC and give them a big thank you, maybe even send them a Christmas card with a prepaid Visa to Red Lobster?!
    "Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding."
    - Proverbs 17:28, KJV

  10. #80
    Sponsors Orkan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas89 View Post
    Are they imaginary because you haven't seen them?
    Hard for him to see issues when he never shoots, and has a sample size of one.

    Here's what I see a lot of on the firing line when a savage is present.



    ... and then there's those rich elitists hoback likes to complain about with their custom rifles running like this:

    Last edited by Orkan; 12-16-2016 at 12:50 PM.
    mamalukino and Tejas like this.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. New Savage Stealth Question about bolt
    By Straightravage in forum Rifles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-10-2016, 11:11 AM
  2. Savage Stealth .338 Advice break in/ammo
    By Straightravage in forum Rifles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2016, 08:55 PM
  3. Looking to dress up new Savage Stealth
    By Btp2332 in forum Rifles
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-09-2016, 10:27 AM
  4. savage stealth 6.5 cm or rpr 6.5cm ?
    By Mopar guy in forum Rifles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-21-2016, 08:43 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2006, 01:14 PM

Search tags for this page

remington 700p ltr vs savage 10ba stealth

,

savage stealth trigger freazing up

Click on a term to search for related topics.