Savage BA Stealth in 308

Savage BA Stealth in 308

This is a discussion on Savage BA Stealth in 308 within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Can anyone who owns this rifle tell me pros and cons and what you think about it, How it handles, magazine operation, etc Do you ...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Savage BA Stealth in 308

Savage BA Stealth in 308

Can anyone who owns this rifle tell me pros and cons and what you think about it, How it handles, magazine operation, etc
    Do you reload for it, use off the shelf ammo, I realize 6.5 creedmoore is more popular for long range and according to ballistics I agree, However I'm all set up for 308 and at 64 yrs young will stick with the 308, Thanks for honest opinions on this rifle

Savage rifles are garbage.
    Wissler likes this.

^ Bout as honest as it gets, lol.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

And thanks for showing your AS*, Bout as smart as your capable of, Stick your rem where the sun don't shine, Guess there are NO adults here!!!!!!!!!!!

Gray, Savage is a rifle that will get you shooting or food on the table if it calls for that, but if your looking for accuracy and long range target shooting, fun and introduction to that type of sport then for the money there are a lot of better product out there. Tika or Howa perhaps. Sako A7 would be another great choice to start with. Depends money you are willing to put into, or what exactly you want to do with.

When someone gets banned, does it ban from the IP address as well? Just curious.

Guess those F class shooters need to wake up, I realize there are a lot of other rifles out there and everyone has a pet rifle Mine was a Remington Sendero bought in 1995 it was a great rifle, I was just wondering about another brand and you are welcome to your opinion, But this orkan guy is a smart AS* and I don't need his opinion Ive read to much of this guys opinions about himself its very annoying to say the least, I know Tika and Howa along with several others are good starters also If I could afford a 7000.00 rifle I would already own it and then I could tell everyone who does not own one how unfortunate they are and the lowly piece of crap they own is junk, Ive never had a single problem with either of the savages I own, No I don't shoot a 1000 rnds a week either however in the 50 some years of shooting Ive owned a number of rifles good and bad sometimes its the rifle sometimes its not but I have an open mind that all manufactures do produce bad rifles and good rifles, I don't tell another man his choice is junk if you don't own a BA Stealth I guess you cant give me an honest opinion on it, Yes a rifle is a machine , parts wear out and parts break no matter who makes it, Thank you Ankas for your knowledge its appreciated, And I have visited this site a lot there are some good people here with very good knowledge and there are some that should not open their mouth and prove their stupidity, Anyone doubting my lowly savages ability is welcome to go down range and give me the finger, of course you will loose it in the process, Thank you gentleman and have a great day!!

For the price of Savage Stealth I would encourage to look at Ruger Precision. I own one in 6.5 creedmoor. They are also made in .308 and for what your get and quality they are rifle and a half compared to Savage. They run about the same price I paid for mine $1300.00 with tax but that's because gun shop owner is a friend. If you are willing to say throw in extra another $500 I would HIGHLY recommend Steyr SSG04. By far one of my favorite .308 guns Ive ever owned and would not trade it in for nothing else but another Steyr. Accruate as they come, action smooth as butter and barrel durable as it can be. I have about 3000 high pressure rounds through mine all hand loads and not a single hick up. Shoot it at 800yrd with less then 5 MOA and same hole at 100yrd. A lot of gun for your money. Just my 2 cents. Don't get discouraged by some people. Greg is a good guy and he means well. We see many people come on the forum that want to get into long range with $700 rifle and scope and gets irritating for some folks while some of us know that to get where we are right now takes lots of $$$ and practice and experience with firearms. That Ruger I mentioned above is equipped with $2500.00 scope, so that tells you that rifle is only as accurate as your equipment that allows you to preform that certain thing and your skill. And rifle plays a part of a that equipment. I hope you have a good day and perhaps keep us updated on what you decide to purchase and send us your pictures and experience with your new toy.

P.S. Another good buy for same money in .308 would be Sig SSG 2000. Bout $1300.00 but nice gun if you can find it.

I own a SIG 716 DMR , match barrel and a geissle 2 stage trigger, I have a Vortex PST on it and its a fine shooting rifle, Cost on it was way below MSRP of today as a friend of mine also owns a shop, SIG is a very fine rifle company, They have treated me very well and more than back their products, I asked that they provide me with a rebuild kit and was amazed with their customer service. I agree the older savages had problems, I also bought a Ruger rifle that couldn't hit a paper plate at 50 yds more than twice out of 10 shots, They said it was a bad barrel and replaced customer service was very good, Also impressed with some of the rifles from Mile High Shooting, There are a number of good rifles, And I have spent good money before my Sig was not cheap by any means, Thanks for your help, and for the most part I really enjoy this forum and think there is room here for shooters from all walks of life and various pocket depths when it comes to buying, Lets not let the Ford , Chevy thing ruin a good forum, I fully agree that Remington has been king of rifles for years I bought them for years the 700 was tops so was the 870, But today a lot of shooters will disagree, I will give every rifle a chance until I have a reason not to, A lot has changed in the industry in the last 20 yrs, Just like the new 870s cant even hold a candle to the ones made a few years back, all companys are changing and we are to even if we sometimes don't like to, Happy Shooting
    Will look into that Styer Thanks
    Last edited by Greyghost; 12-10-2016 at 05:54 PM. Reason: add

I don't own the 10 BA Stealth but I do own a 10T in a similar chassis. The Stealth is based on an MDT design, the LSS and is a great chassis. A quantum leap forward from Savage "Accustocks".

My savage shoots very well and the only complaint I have after several hundred rounds is the extractor. Mine has chipped on the corner as a lot have complained about but still extracts. The chamber is snug to the point where fired brass looks like it's come from a match chamber with ZERO bulge at the head of the case where thin sidewall joins thick base web. Rounds chamber easy. The rifle I bought is one produced exclusively for Cabela's. Only item I see different than most is the blackened bolt and tactical bolt handle. During a recent load development outing, four consecutive groups of three measured under 1/2" "outside to outside". Didn't bother to measure with On-Target but when the .264" is subtracted I think it is shooting pretty good.

I don't know how other's Savages are shooting or holding up for them but something tells me that I didn't get the only good one.

Frankly I just bought it to see if they were as bad as everyone claims. Even with the POS Accustock it showed promise. When I installed it in the MDT TAC-21 chassis it came to life. BTW, bullet was a 140gr ELD-M and powder was H-4350. I figure I can shoot this rifle along with my Remington's and do just like I've done with them. When I shoot the crap out of the barrel I'll put a new one on (but not a factory barrel). A plus is that I can change the barrel myself and not have to get in line for 6 months at the gunsmith's.
    exsimguy1 likes this.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Ads