project savage - Page 5

project savage

This is a discussion on project savage within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Coretac or Glades?...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: project savage

Coretac or Glades?
    Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked. Psalms 82:3-4

Quote Originally Posted by Skypilot View Post
    Coretac or Glades?

Its from coretac solutions. And I made a mistake it 4140 steel and carbon fiber. Got mix up with the tikka bolt handle which is on my list of things I want.

Cliffy

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Well I installed the toilet handle and I do have to say it is 100% improvement on bolt manipulation.
    It still cold here so I haven't got out to shoot test target yet but soon. The bolt handle won't make a difference on the way it shoots so the upgrade is for smoothness of working the action which is does well.
    Cliffy
    Thanks for having a sense of humor.

That is one feature I do like about Savage Bolts. Handles are easily changed and can be made in just about any configuration one wants or needs for their circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by deadshot2 View Post
    Thanks for having a sense of humor.

That is one feature I do like about Savage Bolts. Handles are easily changed and can be made in just about any configuration one wants or needs for their circumstance.

Life too short not to have a sense of humor!!!

Cliffy

Cliffy, you live in the Yukon. When is it not cold lol. You better get out and shoot this thing before we have another Cypher thread! 53 pages and not one shot fired or whatever it was lol.

Yes I live in the great white north. Getting out in winter can be difficult, during the week I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. So that leaves the weekends depending on weather or a quick trip to the range at lunch but it's a real rush really not quality range time.
    I will be shooting tonight but that's indoor and pistol

Cliffy

I broke in a 260 rem and did some load developing with 120 NBT and 129 gr Accubond LRs. It was brisk by most standards although I was in Bantario not Yukon so way further SouthEast.

The cold wasn't as bad as the ice. Hard to stay upright back and forth across the range berms.
    Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked. Psalms 82:3-4

Aright I blasted up to the range for lunch so I was in a bit of a rush but here it is
    20170105_133018.jpg.

20170105_133032.jpg
    20170105_133027.jpg
    20170105_133023.jpg

I did 3 shot groups.
    I did notice it didn't always want to pick up next round if cycled quickly found myself rrechecking to see. Also felt recoil is horrible, my 338 win mag in a winchester XPR feel way better for recoil.
    So next I think I will retest with new scope, rings and mount. Was tested with scope from factory and I will also add cheek rest installed.

Cliffy

Well I pick up a couple of thing that might help me shoot this rifle. One thing is a slip on recoil pad so it increases lenght of pull as well. The other a strap on cheek riser for a better and more consist cheek weld. So next time the weather braeks al go retest. My new ring and mount should be here sometime this week. Then all mount up a new scope.

Cliffy

I shoot a 375 H&H that is barely 8 lbs. The slip on recoil paid made a world of difference in fit when wearing a tee shirt in the swamps of the South hunting hogs.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Ads