Rifle sub MOA in 7 mm rem mag

This is a discussion on Rifle sub MOA in 7 mm rem mag within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Hello, could you recommend a sub MOA rifle + scope for 1100 yard? I am looking for a 7 mm rem mag calibre and a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vmf

Hello, could you recommend a sub MOA rifle + scope for 1100 yard? I am looking for a 7 mm rem mag calibre and a budget between 1000-1500$

What do you think about Remington 700 Long Range or Varmint?

Thank you

sub moa youre gonna hear buy a trued action PTG Blueprinted Long Action Combo's (700) - Pacific Tool and Gauge , add a match grade barrel. optics take your pick too many to choose from.

vmf
    And what precision do you think a Remington 700 Long Range or Varmint can get in MOAs? I have never used them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

each rifle will be different. the actions on factory rifles are all over the place. If you're lucky you will get 1moa or less but its a gamble and if it didnt work you just spent 1k to have to true the action and barrel. There is a reason you only see $2k-3k rifles guaranteed to sub moa. Honestly thats why i went with a cheap rifle build first so I have a hunting rifle while i build my precision rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by vmf View Post
    Hello, could you recommend a sub MOA rifle + scope for 1100 yard? I am looking for a 7 mm rem mag calibre and a budget between 1000-1500$

What do you think about Remington 700 Long Range or Varmint?

Thank you
    Scope and rifle in a $1500 budget for 1100 yards? Nope not going to get a sub MOA gun in that price range. a 1-3/4 MOA gun maybe.

Why 7mm mag and why 1100 yards?What are you shooting at?
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

-Chris

Hidden Content Originally Posted by sns2 Hidden Content
    I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

There are rifles that garrentee 1 MOA that are very modestly priced take a look at T/C dimension it is 1MOA 3 shot factory premium ammo. theres the westherby vanguard range certified. there are other out there to

Cliffy

Oh iforgt the tikka t3x it also 1MOA

Cliffy

So are the Weatherby Vanguard rifles, which are based on the Howa barreled actions. They make one class of rifle saying 'Range Certified that is a bit pricier than their other Vanguards so am not 100% sure as to which are actually going to be sub-moa.
    As the Tikka was mentioned too, a lot of the Sako line have the Sub-Moa warranty as well.
    A friend's top of the line 300 Weatherby bought when they first came out is a 13 pound monster with scope, sling and ammo loaded, but it is a true 5 shot 1/2 moa rifle.
    Many Remington Senderos and LR rifles will do 1 moa from the box - but it is more hit and miss, so a few people take them to a good gunsmith and have the action trued and have them bedded and a Jewell or Timney trigger istalled before even starting to shoot them. Most will do what you want after doing that.
    Bottom like is that most factory rifles will not do sub moa without some pricey assistance and better optics than many of you might want to pay for.

I think $1500 is do able for rifle and scope. There are no garentee with a custom rifle that it is 1 or less MOA. Just ask your smith to put it in writing next time you get a build done.

Cliffy

Quote Originally Posted by infidel305 View Post
    sub moa youre gonna hear buy a trued action PTG Blueprinted Long Action Combo's (700) - Pacific Tool and Gauge , add a match grade barrel. optics take your pick too many to choose from.
    Action $650, barrel $350, stock $$$, bedding $$, mount $50, Rings $100, Scope $500, Smithing $$$

Look closer to $2000.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads