PTG Actions - Page 2

PTG Actions

This is a discussion on PTG Actions within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Originally Posted by 1911 How much would he charge for assembly of a rifle, glass bedding, and a simple solid matte black coating? Also what ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PTG Actions

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 View Post
    How much would he charge for assembly of a rifle, glass bedding, and a simple solid matte black coating?

Also what are aluminum pillars? are they necessary? what do they do?

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first steps into the custom gun world, up until now its always been factory or my own builds.

I can't speak for him, but if you give him a call and tell him what your wanting to do he'll walk you through everything and get you a price.

Pillars are sleeve for your action bolts. They are fixed into the stock when it's bedded. Because you use a hard metal you get a more consistent torque every time you remove and replace the action.
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

-Chris

Hidden Content Originally Posted by sns2 Hidden Content
    I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    ...Pillars are sleeve for your action bolts. They are fixed into the stock when it's bedded. Because you use a hard metal you get a more consistent torque every time you remove and replace the action.
    Cool those sound helpful, any brand you would recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    I can't speak for him, but if you give him a call and tell him what your wanting to do he'll walk you through everything and get you a price. ...
    I'll see if I can't get my last few parts together then I'll give him a call. I have heard great things about his work from Orkan too. Seems like a lot of people are very pleased with his work, which is a good sign to me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Cool those sound helpful, any brand you would recommend?
    Again call Travis he may have some in stock. But brand doesn't matter a whole lot.
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

-Chris

Hidden Content Originally Posted by sns2 Hidden Content
    I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

I will research that, I am a fan of DIY. BUT I would rather this be done right and not going to lie but not all my projects have turned out exactly like I planned. I'm still young and learning so cut me some slack.

I completely understand. Same here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads