Remington 700 SA chassis - Page 2

Remington 700 SA chassis

This is a discussion on Remington 700 SA chassis within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Ok, thanks to oliveredwards and the couple of stores he suggested I was tempted into an xlr evolution as it was at a good price ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Remington 700 SA chassis

Ok, thanks to oliveredwards and the couple of stores he suggested I was tempted into an xlr evolution as it was at a good price from prohunt. Thanks mate Ive had it sent to the gunsmith whos currently doing abit of work to the rifle for me. Now I guess the 20moa picatinny rail is going to need a trim to clear the heat shield and I need to start looking at some taller rings to clear it. Any suggestions on brand and height to clear it? Its currently wearing a 20moa weaver picatinny rail with a bushnell 6-24x50 elite tactical.

Heres a pic of how it looked before. I'll be sure to post some of when its done.Remington 700.jpg

Good stuff man, they are awesome guys down there. I got them to order some stuff from the states for me too, just waiting for the export permit to be approved.

My XRS 4.5-30x50 that's sitting on the MDT is using Seekin/Vortex rings (both the same thing). I think they are the extra high, they only just clear it. So little so that they don't allow me to get a scope cover on. I believe however they make an ultra high.

Not sure who's the big gun shop down in your neck of the woods, but just pop in there and just try a heap of them out. A good set of rings it gonna cost you and you don't wanna screw it up like I did.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

My long range rig is a Shilen (Stiller) DGR action with Pac-Nor barrel in a McRee Chassis.

I've been very happy with it. I've been in the top 5 of my local monthly long range steel matches the last 2 times with it. No bedding, action is just bolted into the chassis.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You can't go wrong going to your local gun store and asking and checking them out.

Well Ive just received pics back of the completed rifle from the gunsmith. Its an 80s vintage remington 700, with a TSE barrel chambered in 260 remington, wearing a bushnell elite tactical 6-24x50 ffp g2. Hes given it a trigger job, fabricated and installed a custom bolt knob, fit a terminator muzzle brake, installed it in the xlr chassis, trimmed the 20 moa rail to suit and cerakoted it. He also installed a rail to the underside of the forend for my atlas bipod. Thankyou to everyone for their input. I can't wait to shoot it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gusgo187; 02-11-2017 at 11:09 PM.

Lookin' good!
    Hidden Content

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

Who would be Free; Themselves must strike the blow.

Looks great

I have a KONOHAWK K1T stock but they just announced a chassis model (K1T-C) that will have a modular chassis system allowing the shooter to change the stock out around the chassis based on their application's requirements. Definitely looks like something to look into. I like my current stock from them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads