M40A1 reproduction

This is a discussion on M40A1 reproduction within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I am thinking about getting into long range shooting and have always been interested in the M40A1 rifle. I have done some research online and ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

M40A1 reproduction

I am thinking about getting into long range shooting and have always been interested in the M40A1 rifle. I have done some research online and found a reproduction for sale at www.texasbrigadearmory.com. Can anyone give me some information or advice? Is there another manufacturer who makes them i should look into, review on the TBA rifle, other options of rifles to consider, possibly buying a factory rile and modifying it, etc., etc., etc.? The TBA rifle appears to be exactly what i am looking for but i want to make sure there isn't something better suited for me before i drop $4k on a rifle and scope.

Thanks

Go to GA Precision. George has some of the original M40A1 stocks in stock for builds and the rifle will be built to spec by a Marine armorer and they run about $3000. Look here for info on them
    http://www.snipershide.com/ubb/ultimate ... 033#000000

You'll also get it in a fraction of the time as from TBA.

Re: M40A1 reproduction

Quote Originally Posted by aw25833
    I am thinking about getting into long range shooting and have always been interested in the M40A1 rifle. I have done some research online and found a reproduction for sale at www.texasbrigadearmory.com. Can anyone give me some information or advice? Is there another manufacturer who makes them i should look into, review on the TBA rifle, other options of rifles to consider, possibly buying a factory rile and modifying it, etc., etc., etc.? The TBA rifle appears to be exactly what i am looking for but i want to make sure there isn't something better suited for me before i drop $4k on a rifle and scope.

Thanks
    Someone here told me that they have 3 rifles from them and that they are real good. I am having the M40A3 built right now. Should be done soon..
    "And the with the #2 pick in the 2006 NFL draft, the New Orleans Saints select Reggie Bush, RB USC" - Paul Tagliabu

Why does the TBA link direct me to a home buyers website in Virginia?

Good question...I will try again.

http://www.texasbrigadearmory.com/index.htm

TBA builds a very accurate and a very good rifle exactly to USMC specs. (well, as close as one can get). They are slow building them, but they are nice.

You could do one yourself and get pretty close for less money, or go with another builder who may get close but not all the way like TBA or even GAP as Rob mentioned and save a lot of money, it all just depends on how authentic you want it.

MEL

I would be afraid to jump into building one myself. I have tons of experience in shooting firearms, zero in building/modifying them. The time frame is definitely a downer to the TBA rifle, but they are located very close to me so i would be able to check in on the progress and be able to pick the gun up as soon as it was ready, which is a major plus.

You mentioned an option of going with another builder who would not be as close to specs, but be cheaper. I really like the idea of having as close a reproduction as i can get, but depending on the cost savings may be tempted to change my mind. Do you know an other uilders who i could check out?

Dude you wouldn't have to check on the progress with GA becuase after you order it it would be to your door in about 4-6 weeks. I don't know why you wouldn't go there if you wanted an exact replica. Hell they are using ACTUAL M40A1 stocks, not just McMillan HTGs and being built by a guy who actually built them for the Marine Corps. Do what you want but fast and accurate spec build would be where I would send my money.

Wow, i didn't realize the price was the same and the time was so much less. That makes a big difference. What about quality? I know GA precision has a guy who really built for the marines, but are the rifles better/worse/same as teh TBA rifles?

I have had both...I still have a GAP and recently had a USMC smear pattern stock installed by GAP. The armor that would most likely build it for you at GAP was involved with the design and build of the M40A3 while an armor in the USMC. I understand Mike's are close but for a full out exact replica down to a US Optics MST-100 scope (they were issue replacements for the Unertls) GAP is a good choice.

This gun shot a 5 shot group at 368 yards (measured with a range finder) that was completely covered by a quarter (it was the gun as I am not that good of a shot other than I centered the group and put two more on top of each other at the same distance).

GAP is good to go.

Pat

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Ads