C&H Precision Rifles - Horrible Experience - Not Happy #theylosttheboom

This is a discussion on C&H Precision Rifles - Horrible Experience - Not Happy #theylosttheboom within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; M40A3 bolt issue wear.jpg Well I received a C&H M40A3 rifle at the end of March and I must say that I am very disappointing. ...

M40A3 bolt issue wear.jpg
    Well I received a C&H M40A3 rifle at the end of March and I must say that I am very disappointing. Initially I was very excited to unbox the rifle and check it out. My initial impression was wow this thing is darn cool. As minutes passed I started noticing issue after issue. I hope I am the only one that they have not taken care of because this is a sad example of a rifle that should never pass the QC phase - Sadly I have a feeling that I am not the only one out there.

I ordered an M40A3 clone with a couple mods.
    The barrel is a 1-10 Schneider barrel cut to 22" from the lug. I also wanted the rifle threaded with a smooth thread protector because I wanted the appearance of a heavy recessed crown but with a threaded muzzle. Everything else is basically the same minus the Timney trigger because I could not find the correct trigger for the build.

Back to the rifle. The first ding I noticed was that they forgot to stamp the bolt with the last 4 digits of the serial number. I thought that wasn't a big deal and that I could send the bolt out whenever to get it corrected. I also Called Buck and told him about that issue as soon as it happened. He said to shoot it then send it back no problem. I thought cool no harm no foul.

The next day I continued to play with the rifle and noticed wear on the bolt and noticed that it did not slide smoothly in the action. I broke the rifle down to find burs where he tapped the rear 2 holes in the scope base. Now I’m thinking wow thats a bit sloppy so I texted C&H asking for a return label to send the rifle back. C&H called me shortly after my text. Now C&H was very nice on the phone again. He told me to work the bolt several hundred times and the issue should work itself out. He then said to shoot it and when I send the bolt back in to get the digits stamped that he would re-finish the bolt and ship it back to me. So I said fine. fast forward at least 1K bolt cycles and the action was still rough and the burs were still there.
    The following message is what I sent to C&H

"I after we last spoke, I have followed your directions by working the bolt of my rifle several hundred times (probably more than a thousand) The action still seems to have drag due to the burs left behind from tapping the scope base with the larger screws. Attached are the photos showing the burs and the wear. I don’t know if the burs will eventually rub out or not. You offered to have me send you the bolt for you to re-paint and stamp the last 4 serial number of my bolt (which I will take you up on). But I am wondering if you are willing to send me a shipping label to take the entire rifle back to remove the burs, stamp the receiver digits in the bolt and ship back to me. Please let me know when you can."

The response:

"I'll send a label for the entire rifle. Of the Barreled action if that's easier."

That was it from C&H. This was on 4/14/17. Still waiting on the return label. Call me whatever you want but if you are a business that did not produce a product to the level they advertise and there are issues, I the customer should not have to email the business to remind them to send me a return label. #noboomboom?

3rd issue
    flat out the custom thread protector stinks. No I did not mention it to C&H. Why you might ask? I don’t know. Maybe because I am so disappointed with this rifle and disappointed with C&H. So I did not give him the change to respond to this. Pics are below... there is no deep recessed crown, and it isn't exactly seamless either (C&H did tell me that it wasn't seamless over the phone prior to shipping the rifle to me in his defense and I said that was fine but at the same time, I did not see the crown until the rifle arrived). Additionally, for some odd reason that I have not seen on any custom rifles that I have purchased (GA Precision, Crescent Customs, Short Action Customs, and Accurate Ordnance) the threads were painted which causes my suppressor to screw on in a rough manor. Why didn't they take the time to tape them off? NONE of the custom rifles in my safe have threads that are painted. On all of those rifles you can see the shiny SS threading and my suppressor screws on very smoothly with all of them except for this rifle. Am I being picky? maybe but for paying what I paid, I expect a more out of a custom rifle builder.

M40A3 bolt issue wear.jpgscope base holes bottom view.JPGIMG_7802.JPGIMG_7804.JPG

The First Photo on the left was taken when rifle was test fired by C&H. Notice the red circle. Burs were making marks on the bolt prior to shipping it to me.

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it" - Henry David Thoreau

Photos of the thread protector that I asked C&H to replicate.
    Attachment 18337Attachment 18345

TP 1.JPGTP2.JPGTP3.JPG
    This is what they made. The crown shows complete lack of Gunsmith ability. They were also so lazy that they painted my threads. C&H you SUCK
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by meema4780; 05-19-2017 at 07:19 AM.
    "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it" - Henry David Thoreau

Forgot to add...
    This thread is also located on the M40 Forum. Read through it. I am only one of several people who got burned by C&H Precision Weapons.

https://www.m40rifle.com/forum/m40a3...supwiththeboom

Ads