Rock River Arms Varmint A4

This is a discussion on Rock River Arms Varmint A4 within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I'm a fairly new member and just read the review on the Rock River Arms heavy barrell AR-15 based rifle. I own one of these ...

Rock River Arms Varmint A4

I'm a fairly new member and just read the review on the Rock River Arms heavy barrell AR-15 based rifle.

I own one of these fine rifles and can attest to the accuracy of this set-up.

Mine consistently shoots 1"-1.5" groups at 200 yards with Federal GMM 69's.

Also, Jewel makes a great adjustable trigger for the AR small pin lower which is a very nice addition to this great rifle.

Mark M

I definitely like this rifle as well. So much, that I just ordered a mid-length gas system 18" version. Very well made platform.

John

I also own one with a 24" barrel. It shoots 1/2 inch groups or less at 100 yards with my reloaded ammo.

I was looking to pick up one of these rifles

Would i be better off to get the EOP??

Ive never had the chance to shoot one, so idk if the EOP is better for cheeckwelds or not

They look like sweet rifles though, ive been drooling over those for along time now
    Always in focus
    You can't feel my stare
    I zoom into you
    You don't know I'm there

I personally would never get an EOP upper. If I want the extra height, I will just use the bolt on tactical carry handle, or the bolt on riser. Less limiting.

RRA Varmint AR-15

Gents,

I would whole-heartedly recommend the RRA. Mine is the 24" model and it has 3-10 power Nikon tactical glass on top and a Jewel adjustable trigger-so it is pretty well set-up.

It pretty much shoots through the same hole at 100 yards and seems very good (sub MOA) out to well past 500 unless there is a LOT of wind. Not bad for a light bullet with a fairly low BC like the .223 (or is it a .224?).

I have been shooting AR's for many years in 3-gun combat competitions and am amazed at the fit between the upper an lower on these RRA units.

Most others have mucho slop in the gears between the top end an the lower, but my RRA is built so tight that I actually need a mallet to re-insert (drive) the pins in after breakdown. It is the tightest AR variant that I've ever shot. There is NO movement between top end and lower which translates to much greater accuracy.

If you want to get an absolute tack driver in this caliber (5.56 NATO, .223/.224?, .223 Wylde) do yourself a favor and get this rifle and add a Jewel adjustable trigger. You will not be dissapointed.

Mark M

Mark,
    Do you have a link to the info on the Jewel triger? cost, install...ect.

AR15- Jewel Adjustable Trigger

Yes, the trigger assembly is available for online order at Midway USA.

There are two versions. The small pin and the large pin.

You DO NOT want the large pin for any rifle lower other than a Colt.

Years ago Colt decided to make the full-auto lower with a large pin trigger group and the semi version with a small pin group so that the full-auto group could not be moved to a "civilian" rifle.

To my knowledge all other AR lowers by every other manufacturer are small pin ONLY.

The triggers sell for $203.99, and are adjustable from 1.5 to 6 pounds of pull weight depending on shooter preference.

The assembly comes with installation instructions but they can be kind of tricky to install unless you are a pretty good gunsmith and know what you are doing.

However, any good smithy can do the job in about 20 minutes and shouldn't try to charge an arm and a leg to put it in.

Go to http://www.midwayusa.com

go to parts, select parts by model, AR-15, Triggers, Jewel

Good luck and good shooting!

Mark M

Thanks for the trigger info

Ads