Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

I think I am going to buy a Remington 700P.

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
I have had my eye on a Remington 700P in .308 Win for some years now and am considering purchasing one. I notice that the twist-rate for the barrel is 1-12" and am wondering if this is adequate enough to stabilize the 168 gr. bullets? I already own a Savage Model 10FP in .308 Win and reload for it and it seems to like the 168 gr bullets and it would be convenient if they could both be feed with the same size bullets.
Also, who sells Sierra bullets at a decent price? I usually buy them from Midway but would like to know if there are other places that have better prices.

#2 ·
700p

welcome,the 168's and 175's will work,besides midway i buy from creedmore,cabelas once in a while when they have a good sale going or go to the bargain cave part of the catolog.i try to buy in quantity and make it worth my while.good luck with the buy and do a report when you start shooting it,oh i almost forgot blue rock out of wyoming has points also guys i shoot hi power with use them on occasion

#5 ·
My 700 VS 1 in 12 twist shoots 168's all day long but doesn't like the 175's. Some 1 in 12 rifles will shoot them but they are border line.

G
#6 ·
Jeff_850 said:
168 works fine
175 is boarderline, i would not go higher
The Lake City Long Range is 168; as is the Federal Match; so I always just use 168 in my 700P. Black Hills swears by their 175 for match shooting; but the Leupold LR/T and the Springfield Gen-1 through Gen-3 are all trajectory tuned for the 168; which are two popular pieces of glass for a 700P. Like you; I just shoot the 168.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.