Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

No .30-06 offerings? Or am I blind?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Brownie 
#1 ·
I could have sworn a while ago I saw heavy barrelled .30-06 offerings from Remington and Savage in their current line up. Now I can't seem to find them on the websites, surely they make a heavy barrelled .30-06 rifle? Am I missing something?

#3 ·
Remington used to offer their sendero in .30-06 (I believe I remember correctly) and savage has offered their 110FP in .30-06 before as well. There are not many heavy barreled -06's out there. Though if you live in Europe you could get the Tikka Varmint in -06, but not here in the USA.

Of course, you can get a remington 40-XB in .30-06 as well.

Simply a matter of supply and demand... there is not a huge demand for them

MEL

#4 ·
I knew I'd seen a 110FP in .30-06 once :p I've been toying with the idea of a T3 Varmint in .30-06 and turning it into a Tactical, but I don't like the smooth cheekpiece on the T3 stocks, if only there were aftermarket stocks made them.

#5 ·
hkpete said:
I don't like the smooth cheekpiece on the T3 stocks, if only there were aftermarket stocks made them.
Just a thought, but I've looked into it a little and I think someone could take a McMillan stock inletted for a Sako 75 and modify it to fit the Tikka fairly easily. You'd have to look at both actions out of the stock, but I think it could be done. If I were to do it, I think I would use Sako floormetal and mag, I think they'll fit.

-matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.