tactical rifle in 243

This is a discussion on tactical rifle in 243 within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I am looking for some suggestions for a tactical rig in 243. I would like to get something that either has a mcmillan stock or ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

tactical rifle in 243

I am looking for some suggestions for a tactical rig in 243. I would like to get something that either has a mcmillan stock or is easily upgradable one. I was thinking or maybe a savage 12bvss and throw a mcmillan on it later. Does anyone know if they make a 700 police in 243?

Your best bet may be to have LOSOK or another company build you an entry level .243 on a Savage/Stevens action, you would end up with a fine shooter at an affordable cost, that will be an excellent shooter at not much more than a stock LE model rifle.

Run the numbers, you will be surprised.

Bell and Carlson has a new replacement stock for the Savage Short Actions, it is the varmint/target/tactical Medalist model for the 10, 11, 12 series rifles.

It a nice looking stock that you won't have to wait 5 month to get.

Just my 2 cents

David

Here's a pic of a Stevens with a varmint contour stainless ER Shaw barrel in .243 Win, and the afore mentioned B&C Target Medalist stock.

Jeff

Jeff passed away on July 17th, 2009, he will be GREATLY missed by everyone here at Sniper Central. Video Thread

" We cannot direct the wind,but we can adjust the sails." -Bertha Calloway

www.second-amendment.org

Jeff I think you ment this one? I found it in your album.

Nice stick!

The one you posted is of an AR-15 A1 with 20" barrel

David

Yes, that's the one.At home , I'm on dail up, so sometimes the speed isn't enough to bring everything up.I'll fix it in my post.Sorry for the mess-up. I guess a Nam era AR upper doesn't much look like a Savage bolt gun.
    Jeff
    Jeff passed away on July 17th, 2009, he will be GREATLY missed by everyone here at Sniper Central. Video Thread

www.second-amendment.org

Who

tactical rifle in 243

I have a 700 VLS in 243 WIN and i love it. I like the rifle so much that when the first one was stolen i bought a new one. Im still breaking the tube in but so far the groups are really good. I just ordered a scope for it from Mel and i cannot wait to see what it can do then. The rifle that was stolen was shooting great groups at 500 yards and the only thing i had done to that rifle was a trigger job and that was with factory ammo.

I too had a favorite Remington 700/ Leupold Vari-x II stolen. It really burns my cheese to know that some jerk is out there hunting with my favorite .300 Mag.He probably got it for a hundred bucks worth of crack. I had a replacement barrel for it , as the barrel was worn out. I hope he misses lots of deer with it.

Jeff

www.second-amendment.org

How did he get your rifle? Ive never had a rifle stolen, but someone pulled into my driveway while I was sleeping and pulled out with my trailer and fourwheeler on it. Atleast I had it insured and got a nicer one.

I live in a mobile home in a rural area, so it's nothing to break in and take something.It was probably a young adult, possibly someone I know.Most of my rifles were in a couple gun safes, but during hunting season, I leave one or two where I can get to them readily.Nothing else was stolen, so I have an idea that whoever took it had a place for it to go,and a desparate need for cash.Although it was replaced, I really liked that rifle. I killed many deer with it, and knew it inside out. I still don't have a rifle I'm quite so comfortable with.

Jeff[/i]

www.second-amendment.org

I believe they make a 700 SPS Varmint in 243 Win. Around here they are runniing 475-500 + tax. You could get an HS Precision for about 250 or so or find one on eBay used for a bit less then you basically have a 700P in .243 win.
    Kamrad Tylov

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads