most accurate .45?

This is a discussion on most accurate .45? within the Sidearms / Shotguns forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Who makes the most accurate 1911 .45? Im not talking some custom super high end .45 here just your normal off the production line .45. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

most accurate .45?

Who makes the most accurate 1911 .45? Im not talking some custom super high end .45 here just your normal off the production line .45. Keep in mind it can be a high end gun just nothing that is a custom job. I have been leaning toward getting a Kimber or a Colt but dont know what is more accurate. I have also been looking into Springfield lately. If you know of any other brands feel free to suggest it but I just want to know what is the most accurate 1911 .45 you have ever shot.
    Kar98K Scoped Best of the Best!!! Well as long as your in WWII.

I am VERY satisfied with the accuracy of my Kimber. Unfortunately mine had several MIM parts that had to be replaced because of failure. Once those parts were replaced she hasn't missed a beat! That was 10-12 yrs ago, I can't say if Kimber still uses MIM parts.
    Nevertheless, the accuracy is outstanding!
    "In God We Trust"

You said most accurate and while you also mentioned the 1911, you should keep in mind that a revolver with a fixed barrel should be more accurate than a pistol with a barrel that moves.

Smith and Wesson made some .45 ACP revolvers for many years and it would be very rewarding to track one of these down. Ruger makes the Blackhawk convertable in .45 LC and .45 ACP and I would love one of these.

But in a off the rack 1911, I'm afraid to say that most of them need to be deschmoed.

Fluffy
    I'm a genius. And you are not.

Agreed, Fluffy.

You said most accurate but not high end, I'm affraid that MOST accurate 1911 will be high end. A buddy of mine bought a Dan Wesson and that thing was very nice and accurate.
    Happiness is a warm gun.

Stevens 200 6.5x47 Lapua project rifle
    6.5x55 M96 Swedish Mauser
    S&W 1500 .30-06
    Savage 64FXP
    Springfield XD45 Tactical Bi-tone

A 1911 will usually outshoot the shooter. I suggest going to a range and trying out a few 1911's they might have for rent to see how you do before settling on a high end 1911.

the weakest link in a lot of entry level 1911's (aside from MiM parts) is the trigger. a sloppy trigger can ruin an otherwise perfect pistol. a trigger that's too hard to break will cause you to jerk back on the trigger.

barrel links are hit or miss in run of the mill 1911's. it's not as much of an accuracy issue as a reliability issue.

look at the colt combat elite. it's a very nice pistol. the one i got to handle had a ery nice trigger.
    Fast is fine. Accuracy is final. You need to learn to shoot slow, real fast- Wyatt Earp

Most modern factory 1911 will outshoot the shooter. The most accurate factory 1911 I have shot is the SIG 1911 and it was able to punch 1 hole groups consistently. Problem is, I can't shoot a one hole group off the rest, so it's a moo point.

With CNC machining and other advanced techniques, pretty much you get what you pay for. Your semi-high end 1911s like Kimber SIS, Desert Warrior, SIG, Springfield TRP will outshoot the shooter. So pick one up and start practing.

Most Accurate 1911

I've owned Colts, Springfields and Kimbers. All are quite capable of good accuracy. The most common issue is fitting of parts, which is a human element and therefore less than constant. Its kind of like the cars that are built on Mondays and Fridays; anything can happen. However, all three have good quality control and problems are usually kept to a minimum, in my experience. I always figure on a little tuning of my own when I buy a completely assembled pistol. You might consider building your own. Its a great project and opportunity to learn. I've built several over the years, and enjoyed each one.

I just dont want any custom job 1911 guns. They can still be high end by all means. Just looking for the most accurate off the production line 1911 in a caliber of .45. I know there are revolvers in .45 but I want the 1911 style gun in .45 caliber
    Kar98K Scoped Best of the Best!!! Well as long as your in WWII.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads