Lahti pistol magazines

This is a discussion on Lahti pistol magazines within the Sidearms / Shotguns forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Listen up and pay attention. You're about to learn something about vintage Lahti pistol magazines. The first type of magazine for the Lahti pistol is ...

Lahti pistol magazines

Listen up and pay attention. You're about to learn something about vintage Lahti pistol magazines.

The first type of magazine for the Lahti pistol is the original Finnish magazine. This magazine is silver in color and it is not blued. The original Finnish magazine is identical to the original Swedish magazine except the original Swedish magazine is blued.

Both the original Finnish magazine and the original Swedish magazine feature a stepped follower and a checkered loading button. Here's view of the checkered loading button.

The second type of magazine is known as the "B" version. It was made by Sweden and it does not have a checkered loading button. It also does not have the stepped follower.

Here's what it looks like:

Now the next pictures shows the two types of follower:

The top magazine is the older type with the stepped follower. Swedish Lahti magazines come in a cardboard box. They come four to a box and the box always includes a magazine loader.

Notice that the type of magazine is labelled on the box and that the two types have seperate part numbers.

You should also know that there appears to be two different types of "B" magazine. Some come with a disassembly catch at the back of the magazine. Others do not have this feature.

Fluffy
    I'm a genius. And you are not.

;)

Is the point you think we will find the Finn in great numbers? I think the stepped follower is a technical marvel. I'm keeping one of your photos for interest reasons and I have a few loose magazines I have to look at. Thank you for the post and pictures.

I have a few boxes of new magazines but never opened them.

F1312-091510

Pura Vida

It's cold, miserable and bears are chasing me home. And it's still snowing. But at least the snow is not coming down as hard as it was earlier.

The point is that the closest you can get to the original Finnish magazine is the original Swedish magazine with the stepped follower and the checkered magazine button.

I will post pictures of the original Finnish magazine. From comparing the Finnish magazine with the early Swedish model, it seems to me that they were made on the same tooling.

;)

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Are those Busch binoculars? And is that an Ajack scope?

How about close up pictures of these varies goodies? Check this out:

http://gotavapen.se/gota/m40/pist40_3.htm

Fluffy

Administrator
    I used to consider myself a gun geek. Then, I came to Sniper Central.

:lol:

-Nate
    NRA Service Rifle High Master
    President's Hundred
    US Distinguished Rifleman Badge
    NRA Silhouette AA

Stay tuned for pictures. I am going to take various pictures of both the Finnish and Swedish Lahtis.

Here are some pictures:

You can see the Swedish Lahti. It has the black grips. This is a very early Swedish Lahti and it was made early in 1940. Notice that it has the Finnish style barrel without the hex piece near the chamber. See also that it has a bigger trigger guard as compared to the Finnish model.

M.J.'s Swedish Lahti is a later model. Notice that it has the brown grips and it also has the little hex nut near the chamber end of the barrel.

Both my pistols came with stepped magazines. The Finnish pistol has a slightly shorter barrel and it also has the most unbelievable trigger ever. It has the finest trigger that I've ever seen on a firearm. And that includes a Tac Ops.

The Finnish Lahti is at least as well made as the SIG P210. It is an absolute marvel. The Swedish Lahti is OK. Comparing the Swedish Lahti to the Finnish Lahti is like comparing a Seiko to a Patek Phillipe. There is a big difference.

Good old Trade-Ex. I got the same box of mags not too long ago. They are not nearly as smooth when loading as the mag that came with my L-35.

Ads