Fluffy The Cat

This is a discussion on Fluffy The Cat within the Sidearms / Shotguns forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I was tempted to climb a mountain and ask the wizard of his opinions, but Instead i saved myself some trouble and come to you, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fluffy The Cat

Fluffy The Cat

I was tempted to climb a mountain and ask the wizard of his opinions, but Instead i saved myself some trouble and come to you,
    What are your thoughts on a HIGH STANDARD GI 1911?
    THE ANSWER IS HERE

You are not Prepared.

Banned
    High standard, no experience with it but at least its made in america right? I have a loaded springer 1911 and I really like it. Wouldn't take it to a gun fight though (you know, those crazy nights every other Saturday. Saturday night gun fights at the roller rink), I would take my M9.

What is your intended use for the pistol which might be classified an assault weapon soon?

Paper puncher, tin can golf club, ect. just thoght i would maybe add to the colection.
    THE ANSWER IS HERE

You are not Prepared.

Administrator
    For some purposes, you might consider taking a look at the Springfield Range Officer as well.

I'm sure the kitten will be along shortly...

-Nate
    NRA Service Rifle High Master
    President's Hundred
    US Distinguished Rifleman Badge
    NRA Silhouette AA

Fear the kitty!
    Graham Smith, SFC, US Army (Ret)
    "There's no right way to do the wrong thing."

yea, the springfield is a nice gun, but I am still recovering from christmas, and I done spent more on my little hobby in the last few weeks than planned for. The High standard can be had for around $400 nib, wich is dirt cheap. Not by cheaper than dirts standards tho, dont get confused, ( i think their dirt apraisers have been smoking cat nip or somthing) but If it is a decent shooter for the money I wouldnt mind adding it to my toybox. I have shot a springfield A1 on several ocasions, and a cupple Kimbers and 1 Paraordanace. I know the High standard is none of the above. But if its junk, i'll just pass, no point in owning junk. So lets just see if it passes Fuffy's criteria for a could be a decent pew pew.
    THE ANSWER IS HERE

You are not Prepared.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
    ...Not by cheaper than dirts standards tho, dont get confused, ( i think their dirt apraisers have been smoking cat nip or somthing) ...lets just see if it passes Fuffy's criteria for a could be a decent pew pew.
    hehehe...well played.

-Nate
    outlaw likes this.
    NRA Service Rifle High Master
    President's Hundred
    US Distinguished Rifleman Badge
    NRA Silhouette AA

i wouldnt be too afraid to take a gamble on it high standard always made good guns and its hard to screw up a 1911 to the point where it cant be made in to a good shooter, if your worried i would wait a couple of months and pick up a springfield mil spec (note: there is a diffence between gi and mil spec on springfield)

I am sorry, but I cannot help you. I have not seen a High Standard 1911. I understand that they are made in the Philipines and have a cast frame.

I bet they probably have MiM parts. If I had one, I'd keep the slide, barrel and frame and I would throw the remaining parts away.

I would replace the firecontrol group with a hammer set from the Cylinder and Slide Shop. I'd add a solid steel checkered main spring housing from Ed Brown and I'd also use Ed Brown's extended thumb safety. I'd use a solid bar stock or forged slide stop from Cylinder and Slide, Wilson or one of the other top custom parts makers. I'd use a solid steel GI type bushing and a proper GI style steel recoil spring guide.

I would use a solid bar stock firing pin stop and I'd have it fitted to my slide. I would also use a Cylinder and Slide spring steel extractor which is made of the same spring steel that was part of Browning's original design. I would also use Evolution Gun Works' magazine release assembly, which is a solid, well made heat treated steel part
    I'm a genius. And you are not.

well there you have it, slowly sneeks up an POUNCE!!
    i might just find an old norinco and build one up from there.

Thanks Fluffy, I can always count on you to point out the inferior
    you may continue your plans for world domination
    THE ANSWER IS HERE

You are not Prepared.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads