Hearing Protection Act- Possible time horizon

This is a discussion on Hearing Protection Act- Possible time horizon within the Supressors forums, part of the Sniping Related category; With Trump in the White House and rep majority house and senate the Hearing Protection Act could pass making buying a can the same as ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hearing Protection Act- Possible time horizon

With Trump in the White House and rep majority house and senate the Hearing Protection Act could pass making buying a can the same as buying a normal gun. No more NFA. I have read a few articles that say it could go through in the Donald's first 60 days. For those of you who know more about politics/ legal system, if this optimistic senecio is true, when would such a law take effect? Let's say it passes 03/01/17 about 60 days from Trumps inauguration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion you are way too optimistic. One must assume that almost every republican will think that it is a good idea for any law abiding citizen to have suppressors. While the republicans might be pro gun...being pro nfa is another thing.

Personally...I'm not holding my breath. If I want something im gonna submit paperwork now and hope for the best...but expect the norm.
    Orkan and scrmblr1982cj8 like this.
    Desert Tech SRS with TS 308 conversion
    TacOps Tac 51 .260 on Surgeon action
    NRA Life-Member

Hidden Content

60 days is way to optimistic. As much as I want this to pass we have much more important things to worry about first.
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

-Chris

Hidden Content Originally Posted by sns2 Hidden Content
    I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    60 days is way to optimistic. As much as I want this to pass we have much more important things to worry about first.
    Agreed 60 days is a very optimistic outlook. What I would like to know is from that date that it passes (fingers crossed), whether its 60 days or 180, what sort of timeline would be expected from that day to the day it's implemented? Can we make an educated guess at this or does it very dramatically from bill to bill?

On another note, assuming the HPA passes how do you think it will effect the price of suppressors?

A) Drop
    B) Rise
    C) Rise then Drop
    D) Drop then Rise

My guess is C. I think inventory will be low at first and retailers will mark up. As more companies enter the can business creating more competition and the existing companies up scale production prices will go down.

Perhaps a year + time horizon would be good for us cheapskates. With the anticipation of HPA passing companies will ramp up production and by the time HPA goes through there will be a ample supply / more competition, in the market and prices will go down.

Last edited by DenverDave; 11-11-2016 at 12:52 AM.

I do think now would be a good time to push for removing some of these stupid laws as it's as close to a full house of republicans as we are going to get. The thing that I worry about though is Democrats are taking this lose REALLY hard (look at the protesting) and I don't believe there will be much, if any, give on their side, even for something as reasonable as suppressors.

I'm not getting my hopes up. Just because someone is labelled "republican," doesn't mean they are on our side.

People better get that through their heads, and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkan View Post
    I'm not getting my hopes up. Just because someone is labelled "republican," doesn't mean they are on our side.

People better get that through their heads, and fast.
    I disagree on this one. Trump has been quite clear on his stance on 2A, and his son actually did an interview with SilencerCo about their support for 2A and releasing Suppressors from Class III.

JW
    Beware the man with the worn out gun... and if I gun fight breaks out, make sure he's on YOUR side.

Howa Targetmaster .308
    Frankenbuild 300BLK "Pistol"
    Lots of other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWard View Post
    I disagree on this one. Trump has been quite clear on his stance on 2A, and his son actually did an interview with SilencerCo about their support for 2A and releasing Suppressors from Class III.

JW
    The President does not pass laws. He can suggest and support but Congress is where the work is done. There's a good case to be made for taking them off the NFA list but just remember that there are still those like Dianne Feinstein and Nancy Pelosi in Congress that still have political clout. The anti-gun Democrats are in the minority but don't forget that there are anti-gun Republicans too.

This is no slam-dunk so I won't be jumping for joy until I see the ink drying on the bill where Trump has signed it.

Too many RINOs, won't happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads