Tac Ops Shop/Store?

This is a discussion on Tac Ops Shop/Store? within the Western forums, part of the Competitions and Training Opportunities category; Hi all, So I was reading Aries64's Post ( http://www.snipercentral.com/forums/...ic.php?t=32223 )... and he mentions a Tac Ops store. I was unaware that Tac Ops actually ...

Tac Ops Shop/Store?

Hi all,

So I was reading Aries64's Post (http://www.snipercentral.com/forums/...ic.php?t=32223)... and he mentions a Tac Ops store. I was unaware that Tac Ops actually had a physical store, is that correct?

Would I be able to pay for some Tac Ops services/products, bring my rifle in to be worked on, and pick it up directly from a store location?

*Edit 5/8*
    Also, if anybody can recommend any Gunsmiths in California(preferably southern), that would be amazing. The only gunsmith I am aware of is Bolsa Gunsmithing, however I have heard of some bad experiences at that location, so I would rather not go there. I'm hopeing Tactical Opersations has a physical location, and that they have the time to do work on civilian rifles. :P

Thanks for anybody who can answer

-Matt

Mike at Tac Ops is currently NOT taking additional civilian requests at this time. Or at least, he was not as of last month.

You can try http://www.rdprecision.net/
    Ask for Randy. I hear that he is a top notch builder. I will be contacting him soon for my 5R build.

Re: Tac Ops Shop/Store?

Quote Originally Posted by Unity
    Hi all,

So I was reading Aries64's Post (http://www.snipercentral.com/forums/...ic.php?t=32223)... and he mentions a Tac Ops store. I was unaware that Tac Ops actually had a physical store, is that correct?
    Hi Matt,

First off, I apologize for my late reply - I'm not over here a lot. And secondly - "NO". Tac Ops does not have a physical store. I did not say "Tac Ops store". I said Tac Ops shop - as in the Tac Ops machine shop, which is not open to the public. My bad - I'll chock it up to semantics. Tac Ops does not have a retail location, but they do have an office where you can check-out weapons and accesssories. It is offsite from the machine shop and warehouse. I apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding my use of the word shop may have caused..

Would I be able to pay for some Tac Ops services/products, bring my rifle in to be worked on, and pick it up directly from a store location?
    Before you do anything, you need to call and speak with Mike Rescigno about what components / accessories you are interested in and / or what work you would like performed on your rifle. Mike is in the shop most of the time, often late into the evening / early into the morning so it is best to call him after 7-8PM (PST).

*Edit 5/8*
    Also, if anybody can recommend any Gunsmiths in California(preferably southern), that would be amazing. The only gunsmith I am aware of is Bolsa Gunsmithing, however I have heard of some bad experiences at that location, so I would rather not go there. I'm hopeing Tactical Opersations has a physical location, and that they have the time to do work on civilian rifles. :P

Thanks for anybody who can answer

-Matt
    Aside from Tac Ops, as far as SoCal is concerned, I would have to say Randy Cain at R & D Precision. I know a couple guys with R & D rifles and while they are far from Tac Ops guns they shoot well. One of these guys is a good friend and had wanted a Tac Ops rifle for 10 years, but he never thought he'd own one (the guy is a knife freak, and spends most of his money on custom knives). Well, after shooting my X-Ray 51 he began laying-off knives and selling stuff to fund a Tac Ops. Hes' waiting for an X-Ray right now.

Now as to whether Tac Ops is taking-in any work on civilian rifles - they always are. You just have to be prepared to wait. Civilian sales and work is secondary to agency and military (as it should be). However, it also depends on: (a) what kind of rifle it is, (b) what you want done, (c) what your time frame is, and (d) has it been "worked-on" beforehand.

Most of Tac Ops business is agency-related, and they prefer building rifles on brand-new actions that they can inspect / reject prior to committing to work on them. But as I said, call and speak with Mike Rescigno about what components / accessories you are interested in and / or what work you would like performed on your rifle.

Again, Mike is in the shop most of the time, often late into the evening / early into the morning so it is best to call him after 7-8PM (PST). (310) 275-8797. If he doesn't answer leave a message with your name, phone number, and the reason for your call. He'll get back to you.

Keith
    "Inferior products and service are foolish economy"

Ads