Southern California Members, Here I am, where are You? - Page 2

Southern California Members, Here I am, where are You?

This is a discussion on Southern California Members, Here I am, where are You? within the Western forums, part of the Competitions and Training Opportunities category; Thought I would check in. I live in Ventura County. Until the drought became severe, and the Forest Service prohibited recreational shooting, I have spots ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Southern California Members, Here I am, where are You?

  1. #11
    Member Gebirgsjager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    SoCal down by the water & up in the high desert
    Posts
    70
    Thought I would check in. I live in Ventura County. Until the drought became severe, and the Forest Service prohibited recreational shooting, I have spots I shoot at in Lockwood Valley. Maybe 25 clicks west of Frazier Park, north of Santa Clarita. I prefer "practical LR shooting.

    This year I have been going to the Piru Range, steel every 100 yards out to 1000.

    20 bucks, you get 2 paper targets, at either 100 or 200 yards. He has a super nice range. Pistol range with steel included.

    it had been years since I had been to a public range, but the people are cool.

    20 minutes west of Santa Clarita, on the 126 highway

    What do you think widowmaker0001?
    "Shooting - the only sport endorsed by the founding Fathers - an American tradition" M14 Fred

  2. #12
    Senior Member 007Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    347
    Going to visit some family in So cal down by Temecula-Murrieta area. Anybody know any good paces out in the desert to go shooting?? I was thinking heading East towards Warner Springs. Towards Ocotillo Wells.

  3. #13
    Super Moderator NorCalFocus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    4,121
    Quote Originally Posted by 007Sniper View Post
    Going to visit some family in So cal down by Temecula-Murrieta area. Anybody know any good paces out in the desert to go shooting?? I was thinking heading East towards Warner Springs. Towards Ocotillo Wells.
    Hodge Road near Barstow. Lots of info on the web of where to go out there.

    Its a few hours drive, but there is also a 1000 yard public range in Yuma AZ.
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

    -Chris

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by sns2 Hidden Content
    I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member gpark09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by 007Sniper View Post
    Going to visit some family in So cal down by Temecula-Murrieta area. Anybody know any good paces out in the desert to go shooting?? I was thinking heading East towards Warner Springs. Towards Ocotillo Wells.
    Hodge Road is always a nice place to shoot with plenty of backstops. Near Temecula, there's a place called Rancho Deliverance Shooting Range. They have target out to 1K yards, if you are looking for long range shooting.

    Also, Pechanga Casino is very close to Temecula. Just in case you enjoy playing poker, black jack, or slot machines. Food is pretty good, too.
    Last edited by gpark09; 12-19-2016 at 12:41 PM.

  6. #15
    Senior Member 007Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
    Hodge Road is always a nice place to shoot with plenty of backstops. Near Temecula, there's a place called Rancho Deliverance Shooting Range. They have target out to 1K yards, if you are looking for long range shooting.

    Also, Pechanga Casino is very close to Temecula. Just in case you enjoy playing poker, black jack, or slot machines. Food is pretty good, too.
    THANKS GUYS!!! I really appreciate it!! Gona check out Hodge Rd.
    NorCalFocus likes this.

  7. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    25
    I live out in Las Vegas and would be willing to drive in for a match or meet up with enough notice.

    I would need to look into restrictions that Kalifornia has on rifles so I don't get myself in trouble.

  8. #17
    Super Moderator NorCalFocus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    4,121
    Quote Originally Posted by sphawley View Post
    I live out in Las Vegas and would be willing to drive in for a match or meet up with enough notice.

    I would need to look into restrictions that Kalifornia has on rifles so I don't get myself in trouble.
    No restrictions on bolt actions. Just no cans and 26" minimum length.
    I redefined trust between my wife and I. Bought her a gun, hand loaded ammo for it, showed her how to shoot it, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

    -Chris

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by sns2 Hidden Content
    I got my gun today. Went to the range. You guys weren't kidding. Even off a rest it seemed to be touching the barrel. What an utter piece of s*** that Hogue stock is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Place to Shoot in Southern California?
    By calvin1013 in forum Western
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-04-2012, 12:47 PM
  2. Hi, im new and from southern california
    By TravisLee in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-01-2011, 10:18 AM
  3. New from Southern California
    By BIG E in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 11:49 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 04:16 AM

Search tags for this page

how can i join a sharpshooting competition in southern california

Click on a term to search for related topics.