Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

Eastern Washington Long Range Rifle 101 Class

9K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  stephenand 
#1 ·
Carl Taylor and I will be teaching a long range shooting 101 class near Colville, WA.

The Class will be June 20th through the 22nd (three days…Friday, Saturday, Sunday) targets will be from 100 yards to over 1000yds. There will be a moving target that will be engaged from multiple distances. The class will be formatted to take advantage of good light and weather periods for maximum “range time”. There will be “class time” but much of the instruction can be given on the range. A novice shooter should become “effective” at engaging long range targets by the end of the class. The class will be $750 per student. Payment must be made at least one week in advance of the class.

The class will cover:

Proper shooting form
Data book use
Ballistics
Developing accurate drop charts
Atmospheric effects/wind reading
Effective use of gear and equipment
Reticle calibration and reticle Ranging
Rifle building and set up
Shooter/Spotter communication
Zeroing
Load development
Alternate shooting positions
Improvised rests
Long-range hunting and ethics

Class Requirements:

Able to lawfully own a firearm
Reasonably Accurate rifle (1 moa)
Telescopic Optics with turret adjustable capabilities (enough elevation range to reach 1000yds)
Recommended 300 rounds of ammunition (250 required).
Sling
Range finder
Data book
Note book, pens, pencils, eraser
Rifle cleaning kit
Water bottles or Canteen (more than 4qts worth)
Backpack that can hold gear and be used as a shooting platform

Recommended equipment:

Bi-pod
Tripod
Lens cleaning kit
Spotting scope
Binoculars
Gloves
Rear bag

Carl Taylor is a Veteran Marine and Scout Sniper (11 years). He has spent over 15 years contracting as a Sniper, CQC, and Close Protection instructor for Military, Dept of State, Federal and local Law Enforcement Agencies. Long range shooting is not only Carl’s profession but it’s also his passion. Carl is the match director of (what is in my opinion the best, long range team match in the Northwest) the Kettle Falls Steel Challenge. Carl is an avid hunter (grew up in the hunting/guiding in the Blue Mountains. Occasionally, Carl finds time to compete in long range shooting matches himself.

I have been shooting long range competitively since 2006. I do testing, analysis and consult in designing of components for Benchmark Barrels. I occasionally write articles for websites about long range hunting and shooting. I have enjoyed teaching my friends and getting them involved in the long range shooting sports over the years.

The class will be limited to around 12 students to ensure each shooter gets adequate attention and a high level of safety can be maintained. If you are interested or have questions… you can reach me by e-mail
Lucas@longrangeshooter.com

Lucas Beitner

See less See more
#4 ·
I was going to ask if I'd seem this at benchmark a few years ago, guess I have. Sound like a good learning experince, unfortunately all I have that I can.make up 300 rds of ammo for is my ar15, and the little 60gr bullets wouldn't be happy at 1k

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.