Milling practice

Milling practice

This is a discussion on Milling practice within the The Academy forums, part of the Field & Tactical category; Good morning. I am looking for information on constructing a training aid for milling practice. I realize everyone probably uses laser and I have one ...

Milling practice

Good morning. I am looking for information on constructing a training aid for milling practice. I realize everyone probably uses laser and I have one but I like the benefits of not having to drag it out and stuffing it back in when using my mil scale could get it done just as well. A long time ago I came across the instructions for making a barber pole for milling practice, but have long lost that information. My search on Google hasn't been able to turn it up again. If anyone might have a good link to information to consider in construction of milling aids and don't mind sharing I would greatly appreciate it. Have a great day. And thank you.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Gpark, thanks for the link to the angular immersion file, thats pretty handy to get into the minutia of milling. Lots of good information.
    Still looking for information on on making a Barber Pole or similar device for mil training.
    Kind of thinking that square tubing probably would be best material to fabricate out of. Was considering treated 4x4 but started thinking I have had alot of green wood warp pretty substantially lately.
    Thanks again.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ads