Post your ghillie pics - Page 2

Post your ghillie pics

This is a discussion on Post your ghillie pics within the Camouflage forums, part of the Field & Tactical category; I like the orange to be conspicuous. I don't know about Iowa but in southeastern Ohio (where I hunt) we have a lot of yahoos ...

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Post your ghillie pics

I like the orange to be conspicuous. I don't know about Iowa but in southeastern Ohio (where I hunt) we have a lot of yahoos come in from out of state, and quite a few from in state. I know people that put an orange vest on their dogs and they aren't trying to be funny. Heck there is one farm down there that has Llamas and they put orange vests on the Llama, again that's no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedmac
    All right, stupid question time boys. All kidding aside, deer are color blind and in Ohio when hunting one has to either have an orange vest, jacket, shirt..upper garment, or an orange hat. There are enough yahoos in the woods that the more orange the better. Is there such a thing as orange burlap or jute to make a hunting ghillie? I know it's a stupid question but I've really wondered.
    I brought this up in another thread, and basically pulled my pants down for the firing squad. a combination of the Krylon reflective spray and rit orange dye and your burlap will be a brighter orange than those vests. mix some blacks and browns and light grays in there and it should give you some nice natural contrasting tones for effective camouflage. I was curious so I spent the 3 bucks to test it and if you let it boil for half an hour and sit for a day before you wash it your jute will be blaze orange. Burlap really sucks up that rit dye. Sunshine Orange and Tangerine are the two colors you're lookin for, about 80/20 percent mix respectively
    Proud owner:
    1934 matching K-31
    .308 Savage Tactical
    .270 Remington 700 Sendero
    Remington 510 Targetmaster .22
    Parker Hale 1200 Super 7mm Rem Mag

I like the orange to be conspicuous. I don't know about Iowa but in southeastern Ohio (where I hunt) we have a lot of yahoos come in from out of state, and quite a few from in state. I know people that put an orange vest on their dogs and they aren't trying to be funny. Heck there is one farm down there that has Llamas and they put orange vests on the Llama, again that's no joke.
    I've been shot at wearing royal blue hiking in western Wisconsin, it is no joke. Everyone and their brother in law wants to put a 12 gauge slug in everything that moves during the month of November.
    Proud owner:
    1934 matching K-31
    .308 Savage Tactical
    .270 Remington 700 Sendero
    Remington 510 Targetmaster .22
    Parker Hale 1200 Super 7mm Rem Mag

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

hey bloodonor how did you get that gray color and is that burlap you used.
    U.S. Marines - Certified Counselors to the 72 Virgins Dating Club.

Don't think about all those you feel, just be glad to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathStick
    I've been shot at wearing royal blue hiking in western Wisconsin, it is no joke. Everyone and their brother in law wants to put a 12 gauge slug in everything that moves during the month of November.
    I hear that. Opening day up here sounds like the normandy beach scene in "Saving Private Ryan".

These are not the best pics but its the only pics i could find for you guys...

Remington Rig .308 26"
    B&C A5 stock free floated
    Burris XTR
    bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30X50 mil-dot
    Harris Bi-pod 9-13"

All right, stupid question time boys. All kidding aside, deer are color blind and in Ohio when hunting one has to either have an orange vest, jacket, shirt..upper garment, or an orange hat. There are enough yahoos in the woods that the more orange the better. Is there such a thing as orange burlap or jute to make a hunting ghillie? I know it's a stupid question but I've really wondered.
    orange surveryors type tape would work. just tear off some 12-18inch pieces and tie it on throughout. then, if you have a non-color blind target to hide from, you can go through and rip it all out.

-BS

i think theirs money to be made if you could make and sell a semi blaze orange ghillie. Hmmmm

there are a thousand ways to do a ghillie, this one cost about 30 dollars.
    flight suit =free
    netting =free
    shoe goo =5 $
    spray paint =5$
    burlap =20$
    the fun of sneaking up on and scaring the crap out of your neighbors = priceless
    First I cut breathing holes down the sides of the suit so I won’t die of heat exhaustion while stalking. Broke up the green with tan and brown then I sewed and gooed the netting to the suit. Cut the burlap into large squares between 12 and 16 inches, cut some into strips and pulled apart the rest. Tied it all to the netting in random even amounts then went back with spray paint to break it up and get the color I wanted. Drug it in the dirt to dull it out and tatter it up. Ad some natural foliage and its invisible

I took an old issued scarf in OD green and again broke it up with tan and brown spray paint cut it so the barrel back to the action is covered including the forward part of the scope and cut a hole for the bipod to come down through. I then tied a bunch of burlap to a bungee that I wrapped around the scarf holding it tight to the gun without hanging loose yet breaking up the shape. This method was easy to apply/ remove and was quite effective. In these pictures I hadn’t painted the burlap on the gun and used a random piece of burlap around the gun that was not shredded enough and it stood out.

I used a ball cap with a stiff bill to hold the burlap away from my eyes and it worked great. I just made a kind of ninja mask from the netting and covered it after gluing it to the hat.
    ALL THAT IS NECESSERY FOR EVIL TO
    PREVAIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING

i love those kinds of projects that you can do in about 2 days and be proud of b/c it has some sort of use.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Ads