ATACS or Multicam? - Page 3

ATACS or Multicam?

This is a discussion on ATACS or Multicam? within the Camouflage forums, part of the Field & Tactical category; This has been a good thread, and I wish more of you reading it would contribute experience and/or photos...something I could do more of myself. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: ATACS or Multicam?

Administrator
    This has been a good thread, and I wish more of you reading it would contribute experience and/or photos...something I could do more of myself.

We talk a LOT about shooting...and a LITTLE about everything else. Let's keep this on point.

-Nate
    NRA A2 Service Rifle High Master XTC
    NRA A2 Service Rifle Expert LR
    President's Hundred
    US Distinguished Rifleman
    NRA Silhouette AA

Summer time in MO Ozarks in Flecktarn.

Headhunter.JPG
    Actions speak louder than words but not nearly so often.

Quote Originally Posted by natdscott View Post
    This has been a good thread, and I wish more of you reading it would contribute experience and/or photos...something I could do more of myself.

We talk a LOT about shooting...and a LITTLE about everything else. Let's keep this on point.

-Nate
    You threaten to ban us when we talk about something that isn't about shooting. lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I like my surplus BDUs lol. Again hiding from animals isn't to hard. I haven't explored the idea of hiding from humans yet.
    -I redefined trust between my wife and I. I bought her a gun, taught her to shoot, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    I like my surplus BDUs lol. Again hiding from animals isn't to hard. I haven't explored the idea of hiding from humans yet.
    The tougher thing is to hide from animals, but be readily visible to idiots with a deadly firearm in their grasp. One only need to read the number of hunting accidents each year and the increasing popularity of hunting to be fearful of getting shot by some trigger happy moron who thinks every twitch in the brush is something to shoot at.

I tip my hat to Turkey hunters, especially the ones who are brave enough to get forest ninja'd up and go hunting in public management areas. Brave souls.

Me in my cheap woodland camo t-shirt in the high desert. Yes thats a factory Houge POS stock lol.

My BDU's...not the best picture for showing camo I know. Also as you can see my pops doesn't know how to or care about matching.

-I redefined trust between my wife and I. I bought her a gun, taught her to shoot, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

That's not a hogue stock... that's even worse... it's the factory tupperware!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    I tip my hat to Turkey hunters, especially the ones who are brave enough to get forest ninja'd up and go hunting in public management areas. Brave souls.

I wore my ghillie for a season or two. Talk about paranoid! Hard to enjoy the hunt, and TOTALLY unnecessary (not to mention dangerous). Plain, old gray oak bark pattern is my favorite, but cannot seem to find any more. Now all the tree bark patterns have gone designer with branches, leaves, and a bunch of other kookie stuff in the print. Whatever sells, I guess.

As for hiding from animals, they see things differently than we do. If you're not careful with your ultraviolet signature, they will often see you even in camo that is indiscernable to the human eye.
    Last edited by M40A1; 03-25-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Administrator
    Huh?

I hunt in a ghillie all the time. Works great, and while I don't consider it a necessity, I notice that my closest range attainable without it is probably at least 10 yards further from most medium game, and a LOT more if I've been caught. It's gotten me out of a lot of jams...you just lie back down when nobody's looking. Problem solved.

-Nate
    NRA A2 Service Rifle High Master XTC
    NRA A2 Service Rifle Expert LR
    President's Hundred
    US Distinguished Rifleman
    NRA Silhouette AA

The issue is more when you're moving to and from your hunt/vehicle. Sitting in a hide spot is probably not all that risky, but in the South, with the limited fields of view and vegetation, sometimes you can walk RIGHT up on people without really knowing they're there until you've been exposed to the danger (i.e. the guy paints you with his rifle while trying to decide if you're supposed to go on his table or not). I guess you could hi vis orange it up while moving, but I always see these pictures of Turkey hunters dressed like woodland ninjas and I cringe. On private property or leases I suppose it would be safer. But on public management areas, I'm tempted to wear body armor underneath. Too many eager triggers.
    "America was born of protest, revolution and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long."

My long ranger: Surgeon 1086 Long Action in 300 Winchester Magnum. Krieger Heavy Varmint (fluted) with JEC Custom Brake. Jewell Trigger, Spuhr Mount with Schmidt-Bender PMII 5-25x56 Illuminated P4 Fine. AADMount Caps, McMillan A5 custom Stock, Atlas PRS bipod, Rifles Only Sling, Wiebad front and rear bags.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ads