can of rattle, ready for battle

can of rattle, ready for battle

This is a discussion on can of rattle, ready for battle within the Camouflage forums, part of the Field & Tactical category; Alright...5 cans of rattle I should say. This is my 700 in .308. I'll be upfront this was an aesthetic job--all I do is punch ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By chefshoots
  • 1 Post By Scratch
  • 1 Post By chefshoots

Thread: can of rattle, ready for battle

Cool can of rattle, ready for battle

Alright...5 cans of rattle I should say. This is my 700 in .308. I'll be upfront this was an aesthetic job--all I do is punch holes in paper so the camo rules weren't as important to me as they are to some of you all. I started with black and added deep forest green, army green, and khaki (rustoleum camo line of product), then I darkened the whole thing a little with a super light coat of the dark green. I did this because I have never liked the mossy oak look (again, it could be the most effective pattern out there but this was more of an art project than a functional exercise). I used some palm fronds as stencils (I live in Florida) and hit it with a few coats of matte clear and 1200 then 2500 grit to smooth it out). Im pretty happy with the results and my friends think I'm the coolest but I thought I'd post some pics here to see what you guys think. I'm new to the forum and having a blast.

Joshua

2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG5.PNG6.PNG
    Last edited by chefshoots; 08-17-2017 at 01:20 AM. Reason: order of pictures

continued

continued...
    Attached Images Attached Images

and the obligatory range shot...

an afternoon at my indoor--I think the paint job really helped my accuracy!

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 2.25.37 AM.png
    Scratch likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I like it alot! I really like the sharp lines on it. It looks alot like my rifle. Of course, being in Wisconsin I had to use grass for my stencils instead of palm fronds so.... yeah.

I just shoot paper with mine also so I wasn't concerned about the camo pattern but I wanted something that "I" liked. I wish it had a little more sharp lines though like yours does. Maybe some day I'll redo it.

I also used Matte clear over the entire job to help protect it. Looks great and yes... the paint job does help your accuracy. I read it on the internets.
    chefshoots likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    I like it alot! I really like the sharp lines on it. It looks alot like my rifle. Of course, being in Wisconsin I had to use grass for my stencils instead of palm fronds so.... yeah.

I just shoot paper with mine also so I wasn't concerned about the camo pattern but I wanted something that "I" liked. I wish it had a little more sharp lines though like yours does. Maybe some day I'll redo it.

I also used Matte clear over the entire job to help protect it. Looks great and yes... the paint job does help your accuracy. I read it on the internets.
    Awesome job, man! Hey let me know when you're ready I'll mail some palm fronds up bahahaha! Seriously though that is one sick looking shooter right there, very nice!

Joshua
    Scratch likes this.

Ads