Camo Pattern & Color Idea...Thoughts?

This is a discussion on Camo Pattern & Color Idea...Thoughts? within the Camouflage forums, part of the Field & Tactical category; So Iím almost done building my new bolt gun and Iíve been working on some DIY camo patterns and colors. Thanks to iPad and pencil, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kaotiktrendz

Thread: Camo Pattern & Color Idea...Thoughts?

So Iím almost done building my new bolt gun and Iíve been working on some DIY camo patterns and colors. Thanks to iPad and pencil, I have made several sketch ideas. So I sketched out what I expect my build to end up looking like. Then I put on my pattern and colors. I know it might not be exactly what you would want or do but here is my train of thought.... I feel that multicam is a good multi environment pattern/color scheme. I want to have a wide range of environmental options, however I do understand my rifle wonít just vanish into the background, but I would like a good blending so to speak, without having to attach any material to the rifle. Iím located in east Texas so we have a lot of woodland environment around here, so I donít expect it to be absolutely perfect for the desert or Alaskan winters. With that said I tried to make a pattern & color scheme that would help mask the high and low areas of the rifle, the sides receiving more light as well as no light, and help break up edges & outlines. I tried to work a little with some accents to possible create some depth for some portions of the rifle.

A quick bit about the colors. As stated above I feel the multicam/OCP works good. So I wanted to use the coloration, but with the shades of each color I would have had a lot of colors/shades. I wanted to try to keep it to 5-6 key colors/shades. Then a tiny bit of accent coloration. So my base coat/color will be a light tan cerakote. The remaining colors will be airbrushed over the cerakote and will not be cerakote. Reason for this is because if I need or want to change the pattern and or colors, I can wipe off with some elbow grease and spit, and still have a hardy base coat that I can pretty much do anything with.

So thatís my plan but Iíd like to hear yallís thoughts, possibly even something that might make it even better. Again, I know this wonít be for everyone but I donít plan on keeping this rifle on a wall as display. She will be taken out on the town and might even get a bit dirty at times, depending on how much she drinks haha. I will post two screenshots of my sketches below. One with a white background and one with a black background. As soon as I sell one of my rifle setups, Iíll have the cash to finish her off and will start the painting process. Canít wait....but have to haha. HAPPY 4th!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    seansmd likes this.
    "Fk em if they can't take a joke"

14Ē Multicam Beard & A Fatass Bulldog

NRA Life Member
    TSNRA Member

Sponsors
    Well, it looks good...but with all those colors it adds a lot of work to do the pattern. If you have the time and effort that will be needed to pull it off, then run with it. I tend to go simple and basic and even prefer to go 3D by using burlap or other means of wrapping over a single base color like FDE. But thats just me...

MEL

Ads