Reloader question

Reloader question

This is a discussion on Reloader question within the Cartridges & Calibers forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I’ve decided with the rising cost of ammo that I’m going to get a reloader this year. I would like to mainly only reload 308. ...

Reloader question

I’ve decided with the rising cost of ammo that I’m going to get a reloader this year. I would like to mainly only reload 308. I’m trying to decide between the Hornady lock and load progressive press or the RCBS rock chucker supreme kit with electric powder measure. I’m leaning toward the lock and load for sheer quantity over quality. Any feedback from form users on the lock and load progressive press?
    Beer, Meat, Fire!

I have had one for about 7 years......very good single stage that will load big cartridges well. I like the leverage and the quick chang feature on the dies. Make sure you get the competition Micrometer style seating dies with the lock and load, makes it simple and fast to switch bullets.

Nothing wrong with the single-stage Rock-Chucker.

As far as powder dispenser, the best I've used (and ended up purchasing after trying three) is the updated version of the RCBS 1500. The others (including the older RCBS which you'll still find floating around NIB) are too slow and often tend to "wander" and need recalibrated often.
    Kamrad Tylov

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."

Ads