Wolf Military Classic .223 55gr.

This is a discussion on Wolf Military Classic .223 55gr. within the Cartridges & Calibers forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Hello to everyone, I just got a used Savage 10FP in .223 and I have some Wolf ammo but, wasn't sure if this would chamber ...

Hello to everyone, I just got a used Savage 10FP in .223 and I have some Wolf ammo but, wasn't sure if this would chamber normally, or be hard to close the bolt on? The Ruger Hawkeye I had seemed to chamber way to tight for me to feel comfortable shooting. Thanks, and this is a great forum!

it should be fine, I have shot it out of my rifles to sight in. Wolf has always scared me just from some of the old storys but haven't heard many as of late

Wolf For some odd reason seems to be extremely picky. Some rifles will chamber it, some won't. I have never heard of a bolt action having problems with it. All the trouble lies with AR-15s on new chambers... Your bolt should be fine, just don't force anything. it is, after all steel case in a steel tube. may be something to run for break in, but I think you'd be able to find something to shoot better down the road. Stay away from the lacquer coating on some of the older shells, it melts and gums up the chamber... ruined my AR chamber...

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for all the help! I got some Remington 55gr. I will be using most of the time unless I can find something around the same price but, I do plan on trying different rounds, and brands. should it say somewhere on the box if laquer coated? all I know is the rounds are green and from Russia lol! Thanks again!

I have a few boxes and have shot several rounds through my 700. I have had NO problems but its not as accurate as some of my others.
    JOEY

SC Member #2507
    SASS#84934

Bill Of Rights Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Joeray777
    Wolf For some odd reason seems to be extremely picky. Some rifles will chamber it, some won't. I have never heard of a bolt action having problems with it. All the trouble lies with AR-15s on new chambers... Your bolt should be fine, just don't force anything. it is, after all steel case in a steel tube. may be something to run for break in, but I think you'd be able to find something to shoot better down the road. Stay away from the lacquer coating on some of the older shells, it melts and gums up the chamber... ruined my AR chamber...
    I shot about 8 rounds of the Wolf ammo today since it chambered fine with no, problem closing bolt. I stopped at the 8th round cause when I tried to pull the bolt back to eject, it wouldn't budge? like it was glued. could this be the lacquer coated rounds you warned me of trying to glue the empty casing to the chamber when hot? I shot a few Remington rounds with no, such problem. Thanks! :?:

Ads