HSM .308 Match, a deal that one can't miss!

This is a discussion on HSM .308 Match, a deal that one can't miss! within the Cartridges & Calibers forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Rather recently was walking through a gun show when I noticed this big sign advertising HSM ammunition. There was sales rep guy telling people that ...

Rather recently was walking through a gun show when I noticed this big sign advertising HSM ammunition. There was sales rep guy telling people that HSM was a good buy. Personally I was rather skeptical, but I gave it shot and bought 10 boxes of their .308 match ammo (168gr SMK on reloaded brass) for $8 a box. Technically cheaper than American Eagle, so if it didn't work out at least it would make ok plinker ammo (also when SMK is loaded on the bullet and its that cheap, I just got to try it).

So I went to the range the next weekend and decided to try the stuff out. To my utter suprise this stuff is more than good. I was shooting my Savage 10FP (I changed the stock to a Ultimate Sniper Stock. The old stock become warped, don't ask how) mounted on it was bushnell 3200 10x mildot. To my suprise the average grouping at 100yds was .7 MOA to .65 MOA. My best 3 shot group was .5 MOA, I can't even get that with Federal. I couldn't believe it, to date that is my best grouping ever (I sometimes think maybe God miracled those bullets to the target. who knows.).

In conclusion, having gone through sixty rounds so far, HSM Match is a pretty good buy and thus I shall have to buy some more when the next gun show comes around. And I recommend it to all those super cheapo marksmans out there like myself.
    "A liberal is conservative who has yet to be mugged." -Prof J. Craven

Sponsors
    I will 2nd this opinion. I originally tried out HSM (they are located 30 minutes from me) about 3 years ago and only had "decent" success. But I tried out a new box about 3 months ago and it was also very good, grouping as well as federal. I'm thinking they have perhaps changed something in the manufacturer of their match ammo.

MEL

Re: HSM .308 Match, a deal that one can't miss!

Quote Originally Posted by talking_target
    In conclusion, having gone through sixty rounds so far, HSM Match is a pretty good buy .
    Dang, for eight bucks a box......its a darned good buy. Especially if it shoots like Fed gold. 8$ compared to $20+........i might have to check this out!

dom
    "A rifle is like a human. The stock is the skeleton, the scope is the eyes, the action is the brain, and the barrel is the heart.
    But you, the man behind the rifle, you are the soul."

-"Practice is a worn out snap-cap." -Yours truly

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I recommend to go to the gunshow just because its easier than ordering off the web. Plus at the show they had .338 lapua for about $35 a box, which beats what i've seen so far (just a thought).
    "A liberal is conservative who has yet to be mugged." -Prof J. Craven

Ads