223 question - Page 3

223 question

This is a discussion on 223 question within the Cartridges & Calibers forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Originally Posted by trapperjack1 never heard of this bullet who makes it? It's a Berger. Designed for competitions with max bullet weights. Weighs 80.5 rains, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 223 question

Quote Originally Posted by trapperjack1 View Post
    never heard of this bullet who makes it?
    It's a Berger. Designed for competitions with max bullet weights. Weighs 80.5 rains, is a hybrid design, and has a nice high BC.

They shoot real nice. Going out to the range in about half an hour to see how they do at 300 yards using H-4895 instead of Varget.

As far as barrels goes, here is a pretty good list of custom barrel makers and prices. You can get whatever caliber, contour, length, and twist you desire. You'll have to have it installed, but that is not a major expense.

Best Rifle Barrel ? What The Pros Use 2013 | PrecisionRifleBlog.com

Quote Originally Posted by PeterC View Post
    As far as barrels goes, here is a pretty good list of custom barrel makers and prices. You can get whatever caliber, contour, length, and twist you desire. You'll have to have it installed, but that is not a major expense.

Best Rifle Barrel ? What The Pros Use 2013 | PrecisionRifleBlog.com

This "list" is outdated. Bartlein is still #1 but Krieger has moved way down the list. Benchmark was #2 on the 2014 list

FWIW, this doesn't necessarily point out which barrels are best, just which barrel the best shooters were using. That number can often be influenced by "sponsorships".

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Very true. I couldn't find any listing for 2015 - that one was 2014 I think. The sponsor thing is correct - but that is kind of like golf clubs. They all make good ones, but the man is far more important than the tool. Just a guide that is more for who you should not look at for a good barrel.

I haven't tried A-Maxs in my 700 Milspec (223 1/9) but Hornady 75gn BTHP over 24gn Varget works fine for me. Still stable at 300yd ( my ranges max)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ads