Remington Premier Match

Remington Premier Match

This is a discussion on Remington Premier Match within the Cartridges & Calibers forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Anyone tried the Remington Premier Match ammo? I picked up a box of .308 to see how it compares to the Fedral GMM, like the ...

Remington Premier Match

Anyone tried the Remington Premier Match ammo? I picked up a box of .308 to see how it compares to the Fedral GMM, like the GMM they use the SMK's however they are only available in the 168's. they also seem to be about $5 easier on the wallet than the Federal's. Anyone have any intel from the range?

Rigger
    I hate to be the cruel hand of reality slapping you across the face but, someone has to do it.

Life's hard, buy a helmet. You're not going to get coddled around here so get over it.

Hidden Content

They seemed to shoot well in my rifle but aren't very available in my area. So I don't have much experience with them. Shot the only box I've ever seen...
    Hidden Content

The availability seems to be getting better around here, I have found them at my local Sportsmans Warehouse, and Bass Pro. A few of my smaller local shops are starting to order them as well, might be good to keep an eye out.

Rigger
    I hate to be the cruel hand of reality slapping you across the face but, someone has to do it.

Life's hard, buy a helmet. You're not going to get coddled around here so get over it.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Sponsors
    I have some that will be included with the next match ammo review coming up in the next month or two

MEL

Thanks Mel, I was hoping to get out today and see how this stuff perfoms, unfortunatly it's been raining all day. :evil:

Rigger

Hidden Content

Administrator
    Well....hehehe...the Remington Premier .22 Magnum 33 grain stuff is the absolute gold standard for .22 Mag accuracy. If that helps.. :lol:

It'll probly do about .3" groups at 50, half-inch from the side of a tree, no squirrel ever gets out of the way.
    NRA A2 Service Rifle High Master XTC
    NRA A2 Service Rifle Expert LR
    President's Hundred
    US Distinguished Rifleman
    NRA Silhouette AA

Well, It's been a long time coming, but here are the results from the range today, shooting the Remington Premier Match.

Conditions were quite nice, 72 degrees, with a 5 mph varying crosswind. Groups were shot at 100 yards from the bench, and the trusty LTR was used.

First group measured .442 these groups are 5 shots, 4 shots into the same hole measured .162 the called flyer made the end product .442

Second group was again, 5 shots measuring .317 with a nice clover leaf pattern. 8)

This was the first time shooting the Remington Premier match, and I think this ammo compares favorably to Federal GMM. The accuracy is the same, and so far, just as consistent. The price is on average $5 to $6 cheaper per box. I have also been told that Remington brass is not as soft as the Federal, which will lend itself well to reloading.

Rigger

Hidden Content

APK

Just imagine how much more a box you'd save, and how consistent handloads specifically tailored to your rifle would be.

Nice shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by APK
    Just imagine how much more a box you'd save, and how consistent handloads specifically tailored to your rifle would be.

Nice shooting.
    Yup, I am already putting together my reloading setup, It's pretty slow going, but I'll get there.

Rigger

Hidden Content

Ads