Choosing a magnum cartridge - Page 2

Choosing a magnum cartridge

This is a discussion on Choosing a magnum cartridge within the Cartridges & Calibers forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Originally Posted by SatCong I'm with you, a very good round and easy to load for. If you go with the 300 Win Mag, get ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Choosing a magnum cartridge

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    I'm with you, a very good round and easy to load for. If you go with the 300 Win Mag, get a 26'' barrel.
    I'll third that. Great caliber, readily available.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ddd oo7 View Post
    300wm is quite dated. There are better options now. PRC is very promising. I went with 7LRM which is ballistically superior to the 300wm and easier to load for. I bought the LRM barrel before the 300 PRC was released or I might have gone that route.

If you want advice from someone who has xender discord omegle extensively shot most every magnum cartridge available, then ask orkan on the gunhive forums.
    Now, if this is an excuse for a new rifle for real, let's decide if what will you do when not in use of hunting. If this new rifle will be for hunting purpose mostly, then 7 Rem Mag should be nicely fit in to your collection. If you are planning to take the rifle to your 1500 yards range, then 300 WM should be your choice. However, a nice 6.5 will do you good, too. I do believe hunting for medium to large game with 6.5 CM got pretty popular last few years.
    Last edited by straliya; 12-17-2019 at 03:35 PM.

A 7MM Remington Magnum with a 160 Bullet will take Elk down with good shot placement, have been doing it since the 1960’s

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Oh and if you do get a magnum caliber, get a brake to make the recoil more tolerable. If

Martino1 that was great additional information, I’ve got to put one on my 7MM Rem Mag (Weatherby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads