25-06 Ammo

25-06 Ammo

This is a discussion on 25-06 Ammo within the Cartridges & Calibers forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Hey guys, I got a new rem700 LR in 25-06 and have put Leupold vx3 on it. I have put 40 rounds through it, a ...

Thread: 25-06 Ammo

25-06 Ammo

Hey guys, I got a new rem700 LR in 25-06 and have put Leupold vx3 on it. I have put 40 rounds through it, a box of Barnes vortex 100gr and hornady 117 gr And it doesn’t seem to like the vortex very much and hornady is very inconsistent at 100yds. I know I haven’t tried all brands just trying to see what has worked for other owners of this gun. Thanks in advance for the help!

Try longrangehunting.com, If you want to find fans of the quarter bore, they're there in fairly large numbers.

[QUOTE=Rkling24;700982]Hey guys, I got a new rem700 LR in 25-06 and have put Leupold vx3 on it. I have put 40 rounds through it, a box of Barnes vortex 100gr and hornady 117 gr And it doesn’t seem to like the vortex very much and hornady is very inconsistent at 100yds. I know I haven’t tried all brands just trying to see what has worked for other owners of this gun. Thanks in advance for the help![/QUOTE

I have two quarter bores, but have always gotten, by far, the best accuracy with hand loads. I've tried some Remington's, but accuracy was far from acceptable. A third rifle, a heavy fluted barreled Savage 112V was capable of extreme accuracy well beyond 500 yards, but I sold it for a lighter rifle. But all three rifles liked loads towards the maximum end of the data.

Ads