SWFA SS 5-20x50

SWFA SS 5-20x50

This is a discussion on SWFA SS 5-20x50 within the Classifieds - Optics forums, part of the Classifieds category; FOR SALE: Used in perfect condition: SWFA SS 5-20x50 Tactical 30mm Riflescope ($1,499.95) Butler Creek Caps - ($15.95) SS Throwlever - ($59.95) 50mm Sun Shade ...

Thread: SWFA SS 5-20x50

SWFA SS 5-20x50

FOR SALE: Used in perfect condition:

SWFA SS 5-20x50 Tactical 30mm Riflescope ($1,499.95)
    Butler Creek Caps - ($15.95)
    SS Throwlever - ($59.95)
    50mm Sun Shade - ($29.95)
    Complete with 30 mm low mount rings (Believe they are Burris Xtreme Tactical $60)

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-5-20x50-Tactica ... 51642.aspx

Scope can be returned if not happy for whatever reason within 3 days of delivery. Contact me for more information including pictures.

Package deal, scope and all accessories, ready to mount: $1400

Thanks
    Ron
    Last edited by otter712; 10-08-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Re: SWFA SS 5-20x50

Ron,

Can I ask why your getting rid of the scope? I am sure it functions as it should, I am more interested as to why you would want to part with it with all the hype surrounding the SS scopes.

Sully
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

Just wasn't that impressed with overall fit and finish. As you mentioned, It does what it is supposed to do, the glass is clear and bright and the price is good. What I didn't like: Knobs (focus and magnification) are stiff, turrets are sloppy and slightly misaligned. Illumination knob feels loose. I called SWFA and their service is excellent. I was offered the option to return it and get another one. Unfortunately none are in stock right now. I decided to return it and upgrade to a Premier Light Tactical. I am shipping the SS tomorrow, the Premier already arrived and the overall fit and finish meets all my expectations.

Before I continue let me state I am no expert, in fact, I am new to all this so take it for what it is worth:
    - Holding them next to each other I could not see a notable difference in glass. The Premier seems a little brighter but nothing that gave me a "wow" factor.
    - The Premier is more comfortable to shoot with. It seemed significantly more forgiving to eye position and distance then SS in the same power range.
    - All turrets and knobs on the Premier are smooth

For the extra 900 bucks, well worth the upgrade in my opinion. For what I do, the Premier LT is perfect and I am very happy with it.

Take care

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Otter,

Thank you!! That seals it for me as well. I was looking at the SS or the Vortex Razor and this was the exact, no BS report I needed.

Sully
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

Ads