SOLD, please close! NSWC Crane Built Remington 700 Long Range Rifle 300 Win Mag

This is a discussion on SOLD, please close! NSWC Crane Built Remington 700 Long Range Rifle 300 Win Mag within the Classifieds - Rifles forums, part of the Classifieds category; Sold. Since I am no longer into NRA Long Range competition, it's time to move her along to a better home. I bought this rifle ...

Sold. Since I am no longer into NRA Long Range competition, it's time to move her along to a better home. I bought this rifle in 2003 from a fellow competitor and friend, after it was just built by NSWC Crane. It did not even have a stock at the time. The action is a trued Remington 700, and has a 300 Win Mag bull (but slightly tapered) Lilja barrel, with a "Navy Lug". A Navy Lug sandwiches between barrel and receiver, but below the barrel it forms a much chunkier bedding block, and is also threaded on the bottom for an extra screw. Although somewhat rare outside of Navy competition and maybe the SpecWar community, if you ask McMillan to set a stock up for a Navy Lug, they will understand, and have specs for it available.
    The muzzle is turned down straight (no taper) of the diameter to receive a Redfield Palma front sight, as these rifles were built to compete both in iron sights, and any-any sight (meaning glass) matches, shot at both 600 and 1000 yards.
    The trigger is a Jewell, and although I used to have it set for about 7 oz., I believe I changed springs and it's nearer 1.2 Lbs now. It now sits in a McMillan stock called the Winchester Marksman, which is described by McMillan thus:
    "The Winchester Marksman is a large stock primarily designed for bigbore competition. The Winchester Marksman makes a very good varmint stock. This classic stock doesn’t have a cheekpiece, which allows it to be shot either right or left-handed. It will accept all Model 70 actions, as well as Remington 700, 721, 722, 788 or 40X. It is available as a blind magazine, a hinged floorplate, or as a single shot using an ADL trigger guard. It is available with texture on the pistol grip and forend. It will accept up to a #8 contour."
    Mine was bedded by Sam Dayton and also has a rail for a handstop/sling mount inletted into the forearm bottom.
    The rifle has been properly maintained, and has a current round count of 416, per my rifle data book.
    It will come with a 20 MOA scope base installed, Ken Farrell FG-Force, which features a bearing screw to keep some of the force off of the mount screws.

A Leupold Vari-X III LR 6.5 - 20 x 50mm (30mm tube) side focus scope in TPS Rings is available, and it has a tapered crosshair with dot reticle installed. (asking $625 separately)

So, to recap:
    Remington 700 action w/Navy Lug
    Lilja barrel (300 Win Mag)
    McMillan Marksman stock w/handstop
    Jewell trigger
    Ken Farrell 20 MOA base
    Action/lug/barrel built by NSWC Crane
    Round count: 416
    I'm asking $1500, for the rifle, or $2K for the rifle with Leupold Scope installed.
    More pics available upon request.IMG_2493.JPG
    IMG_2496.JPGIMG_2494.JPG
    Last edited by OMCHamlin; 01-31-2019 at 05:45 AM. Reason: SOLD!

Where are you located I have some interest but would really like to see this in person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for not updating this ad, but this has been sold.

Ads