Checking the pulse on sale of Texas Brigade Armory 300 win mag.

This is a discussion on Checking the pulse on sale of Texas Brigade Armory 300 win mag. within the Classifieds - Rifles forums, part of the Classifieds category; I'm still weighing my options and deciding if I really want to sell or not, but I was wondering how to go about checking the ...

I'm still weighing my options and deciding if I really want to sell or not, but I was wondering how to go about checking the price/determining value if I were to try and sell my Texas Brigade Armory 300 win mag. Being that it isn't a common off-the-shelf rifle its hard to assess what is a fair sale price. I searched the forums here and didn't see anything similar in the classifieds.

What I have is a TBA A5 custom. 300 Win mag, 27" Krieger Barrel, McMillan A5 stock, Badger Brake, Badger detachable mag, Badger Bolt, Jewell trigger, Badger bases/rings, Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25.

I have the exact numbers written down and can verify but barrel has approximately 350 rounds down it. Rifle exceeds the 1/4 MOA guarantee provided by TBA with proper ammo.

Any ideas on fair market value?

IMG_0517.JPG

A fine looking rifle. I would say absolutely no lower than $3500. Much of it depends on how bad you. want to sell and the other guy wants to buy
    Cpl. Roque, Lester—Spc. Mendoza, Hugo—Pfc. Restrepo, Juan
    Killed In Action Operation Enduring Freedom VII/VIII
    2-503D PIR 173D AIRBORNE

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdoc173 View Post
    A fine looking rifle. I would say absolutely no lower than $3500. Much of it depends on how bad you. want to sell and the other guy wants to buy

Thanks for the feedback. I have over $6k into the setup and its in like new condition so I was was hoping for more in the $5k ballpark, but honestly have no idea what the market is. I may end up keeping it instead and just saving my pennies longer to get the new rig.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

The problem with full custom rifles is that they are custom. They are exactly what YOU want. That does not mean that they are not of value to someone else, but they will not typically bring full price. There are a few smiths that their custom rifles bring full price, but very few. Also, a used barrel is a used barrel. A log is good, but it is still a used barrel.

You have a very nice rifle. It is worth more to keep than it ever will be to sell unless you just have to have the money or you find someone who really wants it.

The last full custom that sold on this site sold for significantly less than was initially invested in it.

The good thing about full custom rifles is that they will flat out shoot when built right. I don’t ever want to go back to factory rifles.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 win, 22 CM, and 7 LRM barrels
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

Ads